1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Raising funds for a set of motion simulator plans

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by Roadster2, Aug 1, 2009.

1. Mambo

Mambo New Member

Balance:
    288Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Yes, something like :
    Force sender (sends games value)->Force profiler (sort values, compute acceleartion and so on, gives desired x,y,z,u,v,w values of simulator)->math plugin (where you can write math equations to compute position of acutator or turning of servos from x,y,z,u,v,w )-> interface plugin which control HW
    I dont build sim yet so i dont play with program mutch. So i think now its
    Force sender ->Force profiler ->Some external program to do math with interface to control HW
    I would be abe to calculate some equations but not to write program for it.
  2. Mambo

Mambo New Member

Balance:
    288Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Well i am more mechanical guy :D so i must wait until somebody smarter do it for me :D , but i will study plugin forum and who knows maybe i find secret talent in me :D
    And some another small OT,(its hard for me to describe it by englis so please be patient with me) (its probably no problem for simple or symetrical sim) i try to describe it on example of cnc machine, if you have linear motion like on picture pohyb.jpg than move in X and in Y has different speed to stop in final point simultaneusly. How would X-Sim deal with it ?
  3. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    Above, I offered to put some time into this testing. From your response I cannot determine if you have given up on the concept of beta testing, or if you are listing for me the items that you think a good test would provide?

I have some automated test tools and load testing tools that allow me to play back network traffic as well. I have not thought through a complete test plan (otherwise the work would be done) but I think that I have enough diverse PC's, test tools and experience to provide a reasonable test. The more difficult part is getting others to participate and provide results as well. Do you use Visual Studio's unit testing ability at present?

Below in a conversation with Mambo you said:
    1. Use sender and the incoming values by writing your own profiler (the values are different size but sorted)

Maybe this will be the best mechanism for me as well? Possibly, I could write an X-Sim compatible profiler that fit my specific purposes (voice control, extremely simple to use and create SCN5 profiles, etc..) With the header files, I should be able to build wrappers to your plugins. Because the .Net framework is not deterministic, I should be able to pass the values between the plugins faster than can be done in C++ (depending on what compiler optimizations are used). I have an idea for how to remove the impact of garbage collection latency. THis will take alot of testing and planning, but with your occasional guidance, it can be done.

In the developers section I do not see any documentation for how to consume the UDP stream from the sender and parse it? If you are willing to answer this question, maybe we could start a seperate thread?

:cheers: