1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Push and Pull Motors

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by Geoff McIntyre, Mar 12, 2020.

1. Geoff McIntyre

Geoff McIntyre Member

Balance:
    236Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ok guys need a lit bit more help.. I have got 90% of the equipment i need for 4 SFX 150mm travel and a motor for surge/heave. I have 15mm guides etc.. The only thing i still need to order before i can start assembly is... Whats the best approach for the surge motor assembly? Am i better buying a complete guide like this or... https://www.aliexpress.com/item/400...#8108#199_668#2717#7562#404_668#3164#9976#861
    is there a better way to attaching it to my motor or is there an easier way??
  2. Geoff McIntyre

Geoff McIntyre Member

Balance:
    236Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  3. Andrew McArthur

Andrew McArthur New Member Gold Contributor

Manager
    Balance:
    48Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    AC motor, Arduino, Motion platform, 4DOF
    Geoff

Doing the same here, have the 4 x SFX-100 actuators and going to add a fifth and sixth one for belt tensioner and one for surge. Looking at using the standard 90ST motors although you could get away with 80 ST motors and for the surge a ready made GX150 300mm unit this will give around 200mm of stroke (it’s more than enough) unit from Ali Express that fits directly to the 90 ST motor. Will use linear rails too under the P1X rig.
  4. Geoff McIntyre

Geoff McIntyre Member

Balance:
    236Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I already bought an 80mm motor to try and adapt the sfx 100 to that size, But the mechanicals dont fit inside the 8080 profile.. Do you have any idea if the GX150 fits the job.. It says it's only rated for 30KG vertical load and 100kg horizontal.. I know that most of the weight is on the Guides but is this OK??
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2020
  5. Andrew McArthur

Manager
    Balance:
    48Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
  6. Geoff McIntyre

Geoff McIntyre Member

Balance:
    236Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yea thanks mate.. That really helps... But i am still a bit unsure. I already have guides for the rig to sit on the table.. I only need to get a rod and ballscrew and find a way to attach it..I Think!!!

This is a bit overkill for me i think.. With it already having the guides on it. But im not sure if i need the guides in the middle too
    Im on a P1 style rig and i was just going to build another level with 15mm linear bearing and guides, 2 a side.. I thought that would be enough for the weight.
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2020
  7. Andrew McArthur

Manager
    Balance:
    48Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Geoff

Think I’m going down the road of 80x40mm under the P1X and the SFX-100 for the surge using the GX150 and 90ST motor. You in the UK Geoff?
  8. Geoff McIntyre

Geoff McIntyre Member

Balance:
    236Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yea i am in Central Scotland.. Yea that is what i have got.. I have everything except the 100x100 profile.. (been weeks now) and then i can do the 4 corners. But i really want to do it all at once so i would like to get this bit sorted.. Are you intending to use guides on the outside too??
  9. Geoff McIntyre

Geoff McIntyre Member

Balance:
    236Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  10. Andrew McArthur

Manager
    Balance:
    48Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Looks good too mate, £45.00 as opposed to £190.00 when you include shipping too. You’ll need to find a way to mount it all and the motor so will probably not look as neat but you’ll have £145.00 in your pocket for that exercise.
  11. Geoff McIntyre

Geoff McIntyre Member

Balance:
    236Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm thinking i could mount it to a bit of 8040.. I am putting it under my seat so you won't see it..
  12. Geoff McIntyre

Geoff McIntyre Member

Balance:
    236Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Having a nightmare.. I have got everything i need for 5 actuators and surge table and all extrusion for the next platform. But... I have been waiting 3 months for my 100x100 profile from Kinetikmsystem. I had to go through Paypal to receive my money back. My issue now is i don't know where to get the same profile from.. Does anyone know where i can get the same profile??
  13. Thanos

Thanos Building the Future one AC Servo at a time... or 6

Electronics Engineer
    Balance:
    2,699Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,043 / 9 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    AC motor, Motion platform, 4DOF, 6DOF
    You can try here:
    https://eracing-lab.com/collections/diy-projects
  14. Geoff McIntyre

Geoff McIntyre Member

Balance:
    236Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Thanos.. I still have not even tried your controller out yet.. It is still in the box with everything else..
    Will the same parts that i have printed fit this??
  15. Thanos

Thanos Building the Future one AC Servo at a time... or 6

Electronics Engineer
    Balance:
    2,699Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,043 / 9 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    AC motor, Motion platform, 4DOF, 6DOF

Contact them, not sure. They have nice all metal parts too for those that don't want to 3D print
  16. Geoff McIntyre

Geoff McIntyre Member

Balance:
    236Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks i have and Alex from there, could not have been more helpful.. Just wish i had of seen this before i ordered my equipment, would just have bought 1 of his kits and added on what else i needed.. But i'm happy now that i know it is on it's way.. KINETIKMSYSTEM have to be the worst i've dealt with.. No email replies and no one answering phone calls.. They should not be advised on the SFX-100 website..