1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Ptactuator and Sfx100 similarities.

Discussion in 'Commercial Simulators and Peripherie' started by ghetto, Nov 17, 2020.

1. ghetto

ghetto New Member

Balance:
    - 11Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi all does anybody know off hand if the motor used in an SFX100 system is the same as a PT-actuator motor?
    I built an sfx100 last year but never used it but I am now tempted by the Pt-actuator SFX termination kit which looks like it will work. Specs for the controllers looks the same but not sure about Motors, If there is a big difference or not between sfx100 and PT.
  2. Sovnight

Sovnight New Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    - 94Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, SCN6, 4DOF
    Hi, so I was planning on making SFX 100. I started by taking the motors, I wanted to order the rest, but in the end I bought a Terminator kit from PT Actuators because at because of the current state of health, I didn't want to wait too long for the parts. I do not regret at all, this kit is perfect for engines dedicated to the SFX 100. Easy assembly on a Simlab chassis. The difference is that this kit is full metal / aluminum except the feet (PTFE?), I would even say quieter than the sfx and the stroke is 150mm instead of 100mm. A winning combo in my case. Hoping to have answered your question. I have only recently been a user, so I am just telling you my feelings and opinions.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Sim Freak

Sim Freak Sim Freak Gold Contributor

Balance:
    61Coins
    Ratings:
    +9 / 1 / -0
    I was in a similar situation. I had already built an SFX-100 with 3D printed parts, used for half year. Then I wanted something more durable and better looking. So I got the DIY Ultimate from eRacing Lab.
    Been using this almost daily for a couple months now, still perfect. Currently thinking for upgrading to 150mm and getting into flight sim.

https://eracing-lab.com/collections/diy-projects/products/diy-ultimate
    • Like Like x 1