1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Projekt Flugsimulator

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by tobi, Dec 8, 2007.

1. tobi

tobi New Member

Balance:
    341Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks guys!

@thanos + ego: Thanks for your work on the photos. It shows two motors for 1 side; 1 at the bottom and one at the top? And i need to weld a piece of steel at the intersection points because of getting more space for the interior?

@Thanos: OK, i´m on the right way with the pulleys. Few more thoughts and i´ve got it finally :)

Do you think that maybe one pulley is enough?

I hope, i got it right and understood what you are talking about.
    i´m a amateur :cry: (but i´m learning with your great help)
  2. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    Hi Tobi

I think as you have 4 motors anyway, you should use them. At least to reduce the load to the single motors. When using 4, they ought keep more cool, and the platform will have some additional braking, when the motors are not activated.

Remind that your Platform has way more weight than Thans Joyrider, and that your pivot is on top of the joint, while the joyrider has the pivot in the middle of the weight.
    Imho you should use 4 motors.

Nö, überlege mal, wenn die Verkleidung nach hinten kippt, brauch sie doch Platz. Wenn der Motor direkt an an die Platorm montiert würde, dann könntest du die Platform kaum nach rechts und hinten bewegen, weil sie dauernd an die Motorsäulen stoßen würde^^
    Also muss nochmal geschweißt werden ;-)
    Zwei Ausleger müssen dran, so wie in der Zeichnung. Ich kann Dir aber nicht sagen wie lang die sein sollen, weil ich nicht weiß wieveil Power die Motoren haben. Im Zweifelsfall etwas länger, denn abflexen ist weniger Aufwand als nochmal schweißen zu müsen ;)
    Und achte darauf, dass die Abstände die Längen vom Gelenk bis zum Ende des Auslegers an beiden Auslegern gleich ist.

regards
    Christian
  3. tobi

tobi New Member

Balance:
    341Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    yeeeeha, so hab ich mir das gedacht. Thanks!

Werde das in den nächsten Tagen angehen können, sobald ich wieder ans Schweissgerät kann. In der Zwischenzeit werde ich die Pulleys machen.

That´s what i thought, thanks!
    Will make it the next days, first i will complete the pulleys.

Greets,
    Tobi
  4. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    Perhaps you could make the point of application variable at first, to be able to setup the leaverage vs speed proportion.

[​IMG]

And to connect the wires you could use such a, ahm, dont know the name... Gewindeschlaufe!?

[​IMG]

regards
    Christian
  5. tronicgr

tronicgr

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi Tobi,

You can still use a single closed loop type (with bus belt) by using two wiper motors, one on the top and the other on the bottom of the loop!!

And running them in the same direction will give you double power in motion!!!

Can't wait to see your progress!

Regards, Thanos
  6. Michael N.

Michael N. Member

Balance:
    611Coins
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Nennt sich Augenschraube im Deutschen :wink: , auf englisch Eyebolt ?
  7. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    Volltreffer! Genau sowas meinte ich ;)
  8. tobi

tobi New Member

Balance:
    341Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ok, i see...

Best thing would be to use a belt because of no re-tensioning. But it has a fix lenght, so
    changes are not possible like with the wire. The height of the motor-tower :lol: is given by the lenght of the belt.

Puhh, i spent the hole evening ´til now with the wipermotors and there´s no end in sight.
    Main Problem is like i wrote before the missing space of the motor fix points and the other wheels.
    Even the bolts of the motorfixpoints need to be changed with a smaller head to win a little bit more space..

A 1:1 Project like Thanos motors is impossible, so i have to work on it. And i´m a little bit afraid if it is safe enough, when i do the planing :D
    Imaging the wheel is braking when it´s in motion :eek:
  9. tronicgr

tronicgr

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi Tobi,

A Bus belt is the best option right now. The belts I use, have total length 210mm that gives me about 100mm of motion.

As I see it the main problem is your wiper motor type that does not have enouph space to fix the pulley plate on it. The fixings of the motor are too close to be able to use an intermediate thin plate as I did. Don't worry about safety, in worst case the pulley might unbolt from the motors and loosen the belt. nothing is going to explode! :lol:

BTW the small thin plates I used as supports between the motor and the pulley are from recycled computer junk!!!

Regards Thanos
  10. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    Biege dir den Mitnehmer doch einfach mit einem Hammer zurecht, oder fertige einen neuen an ;)
  11. tobi

tobi New Member

Balance:
    341Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Der Mitnehmer passt halt ideal, da das Gewinde und der Arm gerillt ist und sich mehr oder weniger einhakt.
    Werde morgen mal weiterphilosophieren, eine Lösung ist Nahe:)
    Hab mal meinen Dad aktviert, der ist Werkzeugmacher und kann bei Bedarf kurz vor der Rente noch etwas professionelles klarmachen, falls nötig.

Sobald die Antriebssache klar ist, kann ich mich an die Seilzugkonstruktion machen.
    Hier ist mir folgendes aufgefallen: Ein Bus-Keilriemen hat ja ne Länge von 210 cm, somit wäre der Seilzug oberhalb der Plattform um einiges länger und
    damit höher als unterhalb der Plattform. Sollte der Keilriemen nicht möglichst eine Länge haben, die den gleichen Abstand zwischen oben und unten gewährleistet?

Grüße,
    Tobi

The original arm fits perfect, because both sides (motor and arm) are grooved (i hope this is the right word). Hope to get the solution tomorrow,
    i asked my dad for help, he´s in machinebuilding industry and could do some things before he retires :)

Some thoughts about the bus-belt: A lenght about 210cm means for my plattform, that there´s a difference of beltlenght between above or below the plattform,
    Maybe i should look for a belt that guarantees a same way of beltlenght?

regards,
    Tobi
  12. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    Das ist nur Kosmetik. Aber die unteren Motoren/Umlenkrollen sollten so nah wie möglich am Boden positioniert werden, um möglichst viel Spiel zu gewährleisten.

Wenn du spezielle Riemen verwenden willst dann achte darauf, dass die Umlenkrolle dafür geeignet ist. Da du von Keilriemen sprichst, brauchst auch ne Keilriemenscheibe die entsprechend breit ist. Ich würde vorsorglich sogar eher so vorgehen, dass ich erst mal eine stabile Lochscheibe am Motor platzieren würde, und daran dann erst die Riemenscheibe. So hast du nämlich die Möglichkeit auch mal ohne viel Aufwand ne andere Scheibe zu montieren. Verstehst?
    Nunja, wirst es schon hinbekommen ;)
  13. tobi

tobi New Member

Balance:
    341Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    klarer fall, sollte mit meinen wheels gehen, da sie auch konisch zulaufen. Ich bin doch richtig in der Annahme dass die Riemen von Thanos Keilriemen sind?!?
    Ich versuch´s jetzt erst mal mit den Rädern, die ich hab, falls es nicht klappt und die mir um die Ohren fliegen hab ich den Plan B,
    bei Madler gibt´s Keilriemenräder... Aber hoffen wir mal, dass meine Räder halten:)
    Dann wären einem Schwaben Investitionen erspart :lach:
  14. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    Ja, er meint Keilriemen. Bus Keilriemen evtl. weil die länger sind.
  15. tobi

tobi New Member

Balance:
    341Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Update

Habe nun mal meinen Dad in die Sache eingeweiht, da mir in der Heimwerker-Werkstatt einfach die Mittel fehlen,
    diese VW-Motoren bzw. die Räder gescheit zu verbauen.
    Ich denke, dass diese Lösung eine gute ist. Der Arm wird über eine M6-Schraube in das Rad geschraubt, in diesem
    ist ein Gewinde. Der Motor wird zusätzlich direkt in der Mitte über eine M8 gehalten. Der Aufsatz aus Alu wird über 4 M4-Schrauben
    angeschraubt und hält damit die Befestigungsmöglichkeit für das Radlager rechts.

Wir machen jetzt mal 2 Motoren so komplett fertig inkl. Motorturm und Keilriemen.
    Die andere Achse dann wenn der Antrieb funktioniert, da die Teile gedreht werden müssen und somit viel Arbeit darin steckt,
    die ich nicht selbst machen kann...

Wie geht es mit der Elektronik weiter?

Ich brauche also folgendes:

Interface
    Endstufe
    Batterie oder Netzteil

Weiter bin ich noch nicht, bin für Input eurerseits immer zu haben :)

Grüße
    Tobi

I think i have the final version of the wiperpulley now. A individual construction from my dad, otherwise it would have been nearly impossible
    to make it work (because of the motorfixpoints, wheel etc). So now he made some special parts with a cnc-machine and i think it works:)

Because it is a lot of work for him he told me better to get one axis ready working. After that he gets the other two motors ready..

OK, now the next steps are get one axis ready and get the needed parts like interface, battery and amp.
    I don´t know much about it and would be very pleased to get input from you :)

Regards,
    Tobi

Attached Files:

16. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    Das gibt Spannungen. In den Zwischenraum zwischen dem Hebel und der Scheibe muss noch ne Langmutter rein, oder irgendwas das Abstand hält. Sonst ziehst du beim festschrauben die Scheibe immer weiter an den Hebel^^
    Dann eiert die Scheibe beim Drehen. Abgesehen davon wird die Mutter alle 3min Betriebszeit durch erschütterungen locker.
    Mach ne Langmutter rein, oder fülle den Abstand mit kleinen Muttern auf.
  17. ElektronikJack

ElektronikJack Member

Techniker Elektronik
    Balance:
    - 40Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor
    Hallo Tobi.

Wichtig ist auch das das Masse (-) Kabel der Motoren vom Gehäuse isoliert wird oder ist !!

Da sich die Motoren ja vor und zurück bewegen wird die Spannung umgepolt!

Entweder mechanisch komplett isolieren oder wie ich Motor öffnen und die Masse auf ein Kabel legen.

Das PWM Motoren Interface von tronicgr ist wohl super für dich geeignet da ein Flugsimulator ja auch nicht Vibriert (Korbs überfahren)
    und von dem Gewicht her wohl auch schlecht möglich ist. Die Leistungsendstufe muß Du noch mal forschen.
    Ich könnte mir ja überlegen 2 von meinen Hochleistungsbrücken (gegen kleines Geld ) abzugeben, ich weiss aber nicht ob die zu
    tronicgr Steuerung passen. Die Endstufen brauchen immer einen Impuls auch bei 100% (hat was mit bootstrap für den highside trieber zu tun) und sind
    wegen den starken transistoren leider nicht superschnell.

Gruß dirk
  18. tobi

tobi New Member

Balance:
    341Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    jup, für den Zwischenraum hab ich schon ein paar Hülsen zum auffüttern gemacht, da wackelt dann nix mehr :)
    Hab ich im Eifer des Gefechts auf den Fotos vergessen ranzumachen..
  19. tronicgr

tronicgr

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi Tobi,

From the photos I've seen, you did nice job with pulleys on the motors. I think they should hold any tension. Just in case use locknuts to prevent the bolt that keeps pulley on to unbolt during vibrations of the motion. I have placed such locknuts almost everywhere on my joyrider.

@Ego: The pulley will not unscrew it self during reverse cause the arm is preventing that! It will work!

Regards, Thanos
  20. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    I mentioned that it would be better to fill the space between the leaver and the pulley with nuts, in order to prevent that the pulley is pulled towards the leaver while tightening the screw. Cause this will produce much tension and wobbling. And will cause that the pulley probably will losen. Altough the first two mentioned issues are worse.
    But I agree that it's recommended to use locknuts on the ends.