1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Projekt ala SIMFORCE GT Newbie braucht Hilfe

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Building Q&A / FAQ' started by premutos, Jan 30, 2009.

1. premutos

premutos New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hallo erstmal will mich mal vorstellen ich bin Premutos aus Wien, bin auf eure Seite gestossen, und würde gerne auch ein Motion Sim Rig bauen. Und jetzt mal sehen ob ich alles richtig verstanden hab. Also was ich alles brauche.

ca. 20m Item Alu Profil 40x40mm inkl. Winkel und Befestigungsteile
    1x Sport oder Schalensitz
    1x Netzteil (wieviel Ampere ??) für die Motoren
    1x AMC Elektronik nach Thanos Bauplan
    1x Mosfet H-Bridge
    1x LCD-Display für AMC Motion Controller
    2x Wischermotor 12V
    2x Potentiometer für Positionsbestimmung der Motoren
    2x Getriebe für Potis
    2x Arme um Wischermotoren mit Sitz zu verbinden
    1x Steuer PC :D
    und diverse Kleinteile

Hab ich irgendwas wichtiges vergessen ???? Alles an Elektronik da was ich brauch ???

Wie krieg ich eigentlich die Firmware auf das AMC ?? Brauch ich da noch was extra ??

Danke schon mal für die Antworten.

Lg Premutos

Sorry für die vielen Fragen aber Elektronik ist nicht ganz so meines
  2. tronicgr

tronicgr

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi premutos

Although I dont speak German I'll answer some of your questions:

Thats almost everything in that list. I'd advice using a car battery, 60Ah are enough, and a car battery charger. You don't need second PC for the control of the motors. AMC1.5 controller does that!!

You will load yourself the firmware in the AMC's Atmega8535 chip, using the onboard In System Programmer that is included on the AMC PCB board! All done through a simple serial cable and free software. Look in the AMC thread for more info.

Regards, Thanos
  3. premutos

premutos New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thx a lot :) why does i need a second PC ??? do i connect the AMC on my game pc and it runs with the game ???

lg
  4. tronicgr

tronicgr

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Thats right. you DON'T need second PC. One PC that runs both game and x-sim software, can handle the simulator, as long your PC has at least CPU with 2 cores (core2duo i.e). The data from the x-sim software are sended to the serial port.

Then the AMC1.5 that is connected in the serial port read these data and positions the motors in closed loop servo manner. This way, even if you PC crashes or lock-up, the motion simulator is safe cause the AMC will maintain the last valid position commanded.

Regards, Thanos
  5. premutos

premutos New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Very cool thx. Ok then i will try to etch the PCBs and solder it together.The latest Version is 1.5 or ??? What kind of RS232 to USB Converter can i use if read that not all are problerly working.

lg
  6. tronicgr

tronicgr

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The only USB to serial adapters that I guarantee to work with my AMC are those that contain FTDI chip (FT232R or similar). And again you have to modify the settings of the com port that the adapter creates, to fix the timings and set the serial printer option.

You can use digitus adapters that are certified to have the FT232 chip in them:
    http://www.digitus.info/en/products/accessories/?c=1216&p=3530

Thanos
  7. premutos

premutos New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thx a lot soon i will poxt my project here.