1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Projekt 2DOF Motion Simulator von Chris

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by Schnullerbacke, Dec 9, 2008.

1. Schnullerbacke

Schnullerbacke New Member

Photographer / Videographer
    Balance:
    369Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi Mike,

took a few fast shots and want to post it. I hope you can see how the things are attached.

ko2.JPG

ko1.JPG

ko3.JPG
  2. johnakar

johnakar Member

Balance:
    6Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi Chris, from the photos i can see that the actuator rods are extended almost fully. Shouldn' they be at half the distance when the seat stands still?
    or it does not matter?

Regards,
    John
  3. Schnullerbacke

Balance:
    369Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    You're absolutely correct: The pictures were taken directly after having installed the angle joint heads and the damper bar, just for assembling everything together. THEN resp. AFTER THAT I balanced the seat unit and mounted the upper bar (where the upper joint heads on the lift rods are fixed) approx. 4-5cm down.

Right, they should be half way out when the seat is balanced well ! If my SCN5 initialize at profiler start, the lift rods are half way out, so everything's just fine ;) !
  4. ledfoot

ledfoot Member

IT Manager
    Balance:
    21Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the pics Chris.

I ended up using 2 dampeners on each side rated at 115lbs each. I felt that I was getting too much movement with the single ones.

....Mike
  5. ledfoot

ledfoot Member

IT Manager
    Balance:
    21Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Hi Chris,

What size wheel did you mount on your G25? I'm looking to upgrade the wheel on my G25 and I'm thinking of going with with a 320mm wheel that so that I can still retain the use of the paddle shifters for open wheel racing. I am also going to get a wheel that has 2 buttons similar to the original G25 wheel so that I can retain the buttons for use while driving (handy for talking whille driving in iRacing).

Do you see any issues with doing this and did you have any issues when you upgraded your wheel?

...Mike
  6. Schnullerbacke

Balance:
    369Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi Mike,

I've got a 330mm OMP wheel and mounted a plate behind it where two buttons are installed.

I can access the paddles without problems - but my fingers shouln't be shorter though ;D !

I definitely recommend to change the original wheel into another, bigger one - I felt it was a completely new driving experience !!!

Reg. the dampers: At the moment I'm using one on the left and one on the right side of the rear damper bar. I also use some metal sheets to limit the movement of the damper bar... works good ! Maybe I will do some tests with four dampers...
  7. ledfoot

ledfoot Member

IT Manager
    Balance:
    21Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Chris. I'm looking at installing a 320 or 330mm wheel and will also make provisions to keep the buttons as well.

....Mike
  8. Schnullerbacke

Balance:
    369Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi guys,

here are two new videos from the current sim and the handbrake :hi: !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dM-r1mmiGc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v81Nk3g2VvU

See ya on the track :cheers: !
  9. ledfoot

ledfoot Member

IT Manager
    Balance:
    21Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Awesome chris. The profile looks really good. I haven't tried Dirt2 with motion yet but I have the Steam version and I think Berney was having issues getting it to work. Do you know if anyone has gotten the Steam version to work yet?

....Mike
  10. PDAisAok

PDAisAok New Member

Chemical Engineering field
    Balance:
    300Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

http://www.chinavasion.com/

They might have something you are looking for. They are generally cheaper than anywhere else on the net. Awhile back I ordered an OLED watch from there for $40 and the same watch ThinkGeek was over $100 (at the time I ordered)
  11. Schnullerbacke

Balance:
    369Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sorry, Mike - unfortunately I don't know anyone who has gotten it to work. I have the boxed version...
    But it would be interesting, whether someone has tried to start Dirt 2 with Steam in offline mode. I know, that I can start my GTR Evo and Race 07 with Steam either online or offline. Is there a corresponding mode in Steam ? Maybe they lock our modified hardwaresettings-file in any way :? ?
    But if you are playing Dirt 2 offline, you are not able to load your profile or access your XBox Live Gamertag...

Go on, buy the boxed version - you won't regret ;D !
  12. patatrac

patatrac New Member

My simulator and my family.
    Balance:
    318Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi Chris,

The profil you use for your videos is the proifil that you have posted in Games Profiles section?

Thanks
    Pat
  13. Schnullerbacke

Balance:
    369Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi Pat,

exactly - it's the same profile as posted !
  14. minikase

minikase Member

Balance:
    359Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    German Steamversion here and everything is running. With Extradata=1 and profil from Nima and Chris!
    There are two of the same file, where you can switch extradata=1. The one inyour documents must be edited and not that one in the Dirt2 game directory.
  15. ledfoot

ledfoot Member

IT Manager
    Balance:
    21Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Thanks. I recall this being the same for Grid as well. I'll give it a try later today. :)
  16. johnakar

johnakar Member

Balance:
    6Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi Chris,

Could you please tell which is the total distance of the driver from the ground (see attached drawing)?

Many thanks.

Edit: The red arrow in the sketch shows by mistake, the distance from the main base.

Attached Files:

17. Schnullerbacke

Balance:
    369Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi John,

the distance between the seat unit and the base rig (= H in your drawing) is 20cm / 7,87 !
    The distance between the base rig and the seat (where I'm sitting on) is approx. 38cm / 14,96 !

Hope this helps.
  18. johnakar

johnakar Member

Balance:
    6Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Many thanks Chris,

I've got just one more question. I recently bought a 320mm wheel (sparco) to replace my G25 one. I see that the six mounting holes of sparco do not much those on my logitech G25 base. What type of modification did you do to fit your OM wheel. I hope my question is clear.

Thanks again and regards.
    John

EDIT: I also know that the weight of the replacement wheel is important. What is your experience on that?
  19. Schnullerbacke

Balance:
    369Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi John,

a friend of mine has built an adaptor plate for the connection between the G25 and my OMP wheen ! It's CNC milled, but you can take hardplastic (should be strong enough) as well. You only have to mark the drilling holes of the G25 housing on the one side and the holes of your new wheel on the other side and drill the adaptor.
    Please take note, that you need some spacers and/or other screws.

I hope this helps... :cheers:
  20. bwawryk

bwawryk New Member

Chef
    Balance:
    277Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Love your sim Chris!

Any plans to get some side view monitors? Also, how difficult was it to attach the Motopc brake kit to your VVP's? Is it compatible with ECCI's?

Thanks,
    Brian