1. This Software is no longer supported by us. Please download the new motion control software SimTools.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  4. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  5. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Project PlugFree

Discussion in 'Yoda - ForceFeedback Scanner' started by bvillersjr, Apr 1, 2010.

1. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    This is an awesome idea!

For those that didn't fully understand the video introduction, this technology will allow us to extract the most critical data from games that we do not currently have plugins for and make use of that data via the GTR2 plugin in the profiler!

@SirNoName - The In-Game menu is a concept that I have been working on myself. Perhaps you could continue with this concept and allow for the sliders and possibly some simulator start / stop functionality to be usable via an in-game menu as well?

:cheers:
  2. Shkvarka

Shkvarka New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Great news!!
    There is no beta or demo version yet?
  3. jakob

jakob New Member

Balance:
    313Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    My first idea after reading about it was to build an electric shocker for ego shooters. Real pain for virtual hits.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkTrgUP4qFc
  4. Shkvarka

Shkvarka New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    For people who have problems with heart it could be dangerous..)))
    tshirt with several powerful vibro-motors is better)) and maybe helmet for headshots!!:)
  5. aikuo60

aikuo60 New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    This is a very great news!! :happy:

That's would say, that we could use PS3 or Xbox games in the futur??
  6. LearnDriver

LearnDriver New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    If it wasn't in the roadmap and for the fact that I can see it in a video I wouldn't believe it because of the date :p

@aikuo60, don't think so, as how would you extract data from your console to your PC?
  7. pathetic

pathetic Member

Balance:
    - 38Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    wow, i am impressed :)
  8. aikuo60

aikuo60 New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yes, your right!! i'm stupid, i forgot the date! :D it's too bad.

9. LearnDriver

LearnDriver New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well, that's not really what I meant. The fact that it had been on the roadmap for a while and there would be too much time involved to create a fake video leans me more towards the 'it's real' side, but I'll wait for tomorrow to be shure ;P . But then only for the PC.

Because in order to transfer data from you X360 or PS3 you will need to have an application running on the console to transfer the motion data to a PC which powers your simulator. And unless X-Sim has a bundle of money for Sony or Microsoft to allow us to do so, I don't think that's gonna happen any time soon.
    Another reason is that the PS3 and X360 run different kinds of DirectX and OpenGL (although the XYZ and yaw pitch information should fairly be the same).
  10. MasterYoda

MasterYoda Active Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    322Coins
    Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN5
    Yeap! Is is amazing!

I wouldn't believe that piece of software existed if it didn't come from Sirnoname!
    Man, you are the man.

This thing is not just impressive, it is a revolution on simulation control! :thbup:

Great job.

Cheers,

My
  11. Frakk

Frakk Active Member

Balance:
    328Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Looking forward for more details! :clap:
  12. FAG

FAG New Member

Perm/Russia
    Balance:
    413Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    If I have correctly understood, the information on position change is used for calculation of acceleration of the camera, taking into account the information on orientation, calculation of GForce values.
    If so it is revolutionary idea :)
  13. aikuo60

aikuo60 New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I think it could be possible, there is a market under this: and if Frex, SimXperience, Prosimu, CxCSimulation, ... give some money to (X-Sim) Microsoft and Sony, i think all is possible. ;D

Wait and See
  14. akina

akina New Member

Balance:
    1Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It is very good news!

I don't know but for the PS3 and X-BOX or WII? It is may be possible to make a device into the Consol and display? For example a device on the HDMI with (the son in more? ;D for bass bump) and analyse the signal for extract the information of acceleration and rpm for the car???

Somethink like this:
    [​IMG]
  15. Frakk

Frakk Active Member

Balance:
    328Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Once the Xbox and PS is hacked and people can write custom software, the market is open for the home builder. Those who want to commercially market it and have money, maybe can license the right to use it. Microsoft and Sony will not give out their product, maybe for the amount of money no one can afford. That option is pretty much out of question and not possible yet.

If they were smart enough, they would give out some source code, or better yet, they would provide access to in-game information for some commercial entities. I am sure a lot of people would decide to buy one over the other because of the X-Sim compatibility.

akina: I do not think what you pictured there is possible. It would involve heavy math and slow refresh rates down, and still wouldn't provide enough information for proper simulation.

And now back to the topic! There are console simulation threads open already! :D
  16. Brightonuk

Brightonuk Member

Business Owner
    Balance:
    492Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 1 / -0
    Is there a tentitive rollout date?