1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Project 2Dof

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by Bordiin, Sep 30, 2015.

1. Blame73

Blame73 Well-Known Member

Balance:
    8,255Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,106 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform
    I think he's got the camera mounted on the rig. If so I'd move it somewhere else, won't regret it
  2. Bordiin

Bordiin Active Member

Balance:
    156Coins
    Ratings:
    +98 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform
    @Nick Moxley and @Blame73 I will improve my motor supports and my camera support.
    when i sit in the seat my weight try to move the motors to down and the motor wants back to "middle" so alltime the motors are shaking? Do you have any ideia to improve this?
  3. Blame73

Blame73 Well-Known Member

Balance:
    8,255Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,106 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform
    Yes. You didn't correctly positioned the seat , so the COG is incorrect.
    When you sit, even with motors off, the seat shouldn't move at all. Solution: reposition your seat accordingly.
    Once fixed you'd even be surprised from what even wipers motors could do
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Nick Moxley

Nick Moxley Well-Known Member

Owner/Operator- Moxleys Rantals
    Balance:
    17,054Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,504 / 30 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, DC motor, JRK
    Imo you dont want a 100% perfectly balanced seat. you want a Slight amount of weight to be sitting on the motor's to avoid that "sloppy zone in the middle"....i would say in the 5-10% range would be ample.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Bordiin

Bordiin Active Member

Balance:
    156Coins
    Ratings:
    +98 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    I moved a little bit the middle to up, and changed my eletronic circuit in the begin i was using the eletronic circuit from the fatuba motors, i was taking the signal and sending to H bridge, i'm think that because i changed the potenciometer of the fatuba circuit maybe it showed some interference. So i used the arduino code of the @RacingMat and used the circuit 7808 (AND port) to make the logic to move the motors, soon i post the video.

@Blame73 and @Nick Moxley Thanks for the tips.

Attached Files:

6. Bordiin

Bordiin Active Member

Balance:
    156Coins
    Ratings:
    +98 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    After few days working hard, i made it work the simtool + step motor.

I will build the next axis and adjust the gears, motor speed and torque :DD
    • Like Like x 2