1. This Software is no longer supported by us. Please download the new motion control software SimTools.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  4. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  5. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Problem using two K8055 Vellemans-boards with Profiler 2

Discussion in 'Force-Profiler Simulator Control' started by mertensbart20, Dec 9, 2011.

1. mertensbart20

mertensbart20 New Member

Balance:
    - 1Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I am a teacher electrical engineering and I am building a racesimulator with my students as in following link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVItAoPYUtI

We are using the X-sim Profiler 2 software to transfer data of speed, acceleration and gear of the game GT-Legends to two Velleman K8055-cards.

When we test the roll of the simulator using one K8055-card the system works perfectly. When we test the pitch of the simulator using one K8055 the system also works perfectly.
    But when we use two K8055-cards we get the problem that Profiler 2 can only send data to one K8055-kit and thus we get stuck in the final step, using the pitch and roll together.

In the ”Interface Settings” of the Profiler 2-software I can see the 2 cards K8055 (card “Nr.0” and card “Nr.1” set bij jumpers SK5 and SK6). Profiler 2 can thus see, and is able to assign values to two boards in the interface section. I can also see the analogue inputs on both cards using a voltagemeter.

The problem is that when you hit start, the only card receiving any data is the one with the lowest card address...

I have tried all possible combinations but I haven’t found a solution.
    Can anybody help us? It would be a real bummer for me and my students if the project would get stuck at this level, the final stage.

Thanks in advance,
    Bart
  2. mertensbart20

mertensbart20 New Member

Balance:
    - 1Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    For anyone who has this problem I recommend using the Velleman K8061 of VM140 (the assembled K8061).
    This kit has more analogue in- and outputs (8) and thus you only need one kit.

X-sim version 2.1.0.13 has the K8061 not preïnstalled but in the directory X-sim/other stuff/K8061 interface install you can find directions how to install it and use it in Profiler 2. Make sure you do not install the original driver of the K8061 but the one found in the directory I mentioned.

Geetz,
    Bart