1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Potentiometers mounts example

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by Gtwiin, Aug 18, 2020.

1. Gtwiin

Gtwiin New Member

Student
    Balance:
    46Coins
    Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    Hi,
    some time ago I made some potentiometer mounts that I wanted to share.
    You can see them in the photos.
    Basically as my motors shafts only stick out from one side I had to make a custom mount that I 3D printed later.
    They fix to the structure via one of the motor's support bolts and leave the potentiometer aligned with the motor's shaft. To fix the potentiometers shaft to the motor's shaft I use another 3D printed part that glues with hot glue to the potentiometer shaft and fits in the motor's shaft nut.
    To set the rest position I only have to turn on the power of the sim and using smc3 start rotating the potentiometers until they are where I want them to be, then I finish thigthening them.
    One advantage of this system that I found very usefull is that the supports themselves prevent the motor rotating too much and breaking the potentiometers.
    I'll leave the 3D files in case anyone wants to download them and even the gcode files if someone with an Anet A8 or similar printer wants to directly print them.
    I hope they help someone!
    Regards Pot mounts.jpeg Pot mounts 1.jpeg Pot mounts 2.jpeg

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1