1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Pololu servo controller USB

Discussion in 'SimTools compatible interfaces' started by kenneth, Jul 11, 2011.

1. kenneth

kenneth New Member

Balance:
    2Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwkdfZaS13M
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdCxiaIo5hA
  2. kenneth

kenneth New Member

Balance:
    2Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Here is some video of the sim hope you like it
  3. kenneth

kenneth New Member

Balance:
    2Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  4. kenneth

kenneth New Member

Balance:
    2Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Wiring

Each motor has a double pole isolator between the board and the motor in addition there is a fuse in both positive and negative lines to the motors.
    There is an emergency stop between the battery and the drives and a fuse circuit breaker.
    The 12volt 12 is the safest to program as the limits are in the drive unit.
    Danger the vin power output on the 12v12 is at the same voltage at your main power supply connecting this to the 5 volt line will blow it up.
    (I had the training course it cost the price of a new board.)

X Sim I am using a mix on the side actuators 30% Pitch and 50% Turning(Not Bank)this as opposition left and right gives the heave motion.On the back I am only using Pitch

Attached Files:

5. BartS

BartS Member

Balance:
    417Coins
    Ratings:
    +5 / 1 / -0
    Great stuff Kenneth the movement looks really smooth with transition in direction at slow speed. Thats a very original setup and still a little confusing to me but nevermind. Is all your math setup done in X-Sim?

Be great if you got a rider on board and shot a video from rear facing monitor simulating game physics, both fast and slow to show off its potential, sorry my last request I'm very intreaged and I'm sure rest of the community is.

Well done again Bart.
  6. kenneth

kenneth New Member

Balance:
    2Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cj4kfFMKIoE

Here is a better video with me attempting to drive it to the limits.
  7. BartS

BartS Member

Balance:
    417Coins
    Ratings:
    +5 / 1 / -0
    Welldone again kenneth, not to discredit your work it is very good but dont you feel it moves a little slow, blast it with 24 volts is what wheelchair motors are made for, and your x-sim motion profile looks like it could do with some improvement and effect mixing if you arnt working on it already.
  8. RaceRay

RaceRay Administrator Staff Member SimAxe Beta Tester

Self-employed | Web and application development
    Balance:
    23,837Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,962 / 13 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, SimAxe, SimforceGT
    Great setup and mechanical assembly!
    It´s even suitable to use it in the living room. Perfect solution for any flight simulation, i think.
    I agree to BartS: Would be great to see it with 24 V- but unfortunately not possible with the smc04.

All the best to you
  9. kenneth

kenneth New Member

Balance:
    2Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi all thanks for the comments. I designed it to go through a home door 800 mm wide . Regarding the speed you will be suprised how fast the reaction time is . It is to react like an aircraft or a helicopter and for that reason if it was any faster then you would brake the wings off. You do get a verry good runway rumble .If taken to the limit full pitch up and full bank and you need a safety belt to keep you in it . I found this out the hard way.I do plan to have the cockpit fully enclosed by doing this and removing the periferal vision the fealing of actualy flying will be grater. That's my next project.
  10. kenneth

kenneth New Member

Balance:
    2Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi all been building and testing for several months now almost complete with a fully enclosed motion cockpit.Pix to follow.
  11. kenneth

kenneth New Member

Balance:
    2Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  12. kenneth

kenneth New Member

Balance:
    2Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0