1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Polarized stereo 3D using 2 projectors + cheap foil filters

Discussion in 'DIY peripherals' started by Skaut69, Jun 20, 2010.

1. bleco

bleco Member Gold Contributor

IT Problem Coordinator
    Balance:
    258Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Then we will all die because of our cellphones and bluetooth headsets devices ... :?

Unless very serious studies backup this statement, I think that this is a very desperate way of selling their products ...

And if it's true then I am f/$%% :lol:

Bleco
  2. usertesting123

usertesting123 New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thank you for such a informative topic...........
    simple beneficial use of foil ;D ;D ;D
  3. VJocys

VJocys New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I tested anodized aluminium sheet sample... as in description, it is also non reflective, ideally smooth structure – ok for 2D, but doesn't work for 3D – it doesn't preserve enough polarisation. I guess, not all anodized aluminium sheets can be used as 3D screens. It would be very useful, if you could write in your first post ...manufacturer or shop, where you bought your anodized aluminium screen-sheet.
  4. Skaut69

Skaut69 Member

Balance:
    335Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I`ve tested lots of different types of metal sheets and prblem was always the same - reflective light from projector. Anodized surface on aluminium prevent from it. I never noticed any difference betweene boards of metal in case of Stereo3D (depth, other quality).
    Only problem i had was with Circular Polarization. LCD screens from my projectors been mixing colors through those filters and i had purple color in some areas.
    Please check on the other metal to be sure that you got 3D at all. Play with filters, turn them each way. Maybe you did that - so i`m just guessing.