1. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  2. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  3. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

PLC based servo motor controller

Discussion in 'SimTools compatible interfaces' started by SoftKitty, Feb 11, 2021.

1. SoftKitty

SoftKitty Member

Engine engineer
    Balance:
    172Coins
    Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, AC motor
    Hello, everyone, last year I finished my first 2dof project by the help of Xsimulator community, and after that I shared all the details in a domesitc social media of my country, lots of people showed interest and helped me to improve with their knowledge.

Servo motors are definitely a best power source for motion simulator, but there are not many affordable and easy to use interfaces available.
    Luckily in my follower group, a guy from a PLC manufacture figured how to use his industrial Programmable Logic Controller that is compatible with simtools to run servo motors.

In this thread, I will share the most basic version that can run 4 motors(there are models that can run up to 10), and hopfully you can give some advises to let us make it better.

My SFX100 looklike rig and actuator build will be introduce in project thread later.

To see the functionality of the PLC please do watch the video below, sorry for my bad English.
    I will explain if you wish to know more about this.
    Thanks. BKai (aka SoftKitty)

IMG_20210211_165842.jpg
    IMG_20210211_170907.jpg
    210212014758.jpg
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Ads Master

Ads Master

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0