1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

PLC based servo motor controller

Discussion in 'SimTools compatible interfaces' started by SoftKitty, Feb 11, 2021.

1. SoftKitty

SoftKitty Member

Engine engineer
    Balance:
    - 148Coins
    Ratings:
    +60 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    AC motor, 6DOF
    Hello, everyone, last year I finished my first 2dof project by the help of Xsimulator community, and after that I shared all the details in a domesitc social media of my country, lots of people showed interest and helped me to improve with their knowledge.

Servo motors are definitely a best power source for motion simulator, but there are not many affordable and easy to use interfaces available.
    Luckily in my follower group, a guy from a PLC manufacture figured how to use his industrial Programmable Logic Controller that is compatible with simtools to run servo motors.

In this thread, I will share the most basic version that can run 4 motors(there are models that can run up to 10), and hopfully you can give some advises to let us make it better.

My SFX100 looklike rig and actuator build will be introduce in project thread later.

To see the functionality of the PLC please do watch the video below, sorry for my bad English.
    I will explain if you wish to know more about this.
    Thanks. BKai (aka SoftKitty)

IMG_20210211_165842.jpg
    IMG_20210211_170907.jpg
    210212014758.jpg
    • Like Like x 3
  2. katy77

katy77 New Member

Balance:
    73Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    AC motor, SimAxe, Arduino, Motion platform
    Hi there,
    I am also trying to use PLC to build my simulator, would you please tell me how did you communicate flypt to PLC?
    I appreciate you if you can help me with that!

Best regards,
  3. katy77

katy77 New Member

Balance:
    73Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    AC motor, SimAxe, Arduino, Motion platform
    @SoftKitty can you please help me with this case?
  4. Fraza44

Fraza44 Member

Balance:
    651Coins
    Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    Did anyone ever get an answer on how to communicate flypt to PLC from @SoftKitty? Did he share the code with anyone?

Thanks
  5. Gadget999

Gadget999 Well-Known Member

Balance:
    11,610Coins
    Ratings:
    +458 / 9 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino, 6DOF
    are you controlling the servo drivers using voltages and direction pin ?
  6. SoftKitty

SoftKitty Member

Engine engineer
    Balance:
    - 148Coins
    Ratings:
    +60 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    AC motor, 6DOF
    The code was developed with a friend of mine, at the moment we won't share it, it's on sale with the PLC controller in our country.
    The purpose of this thread is letting people know this kind of solution exists.

I can answer the basic principle of communication: it uses serial port, almost the same with the SMC3 setup. The key is letting the PLC read the serial data and send into actions.
  7. SoftKitty

SoftKitty Member

Engine engineer
    Balance:
    - 148Coins
    Ratings:
    +60 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    AC motor, 6DOF
    I'm using the pulse+dir mode. similar with thanos AMC controller.
    the only difference is I'm using open collector wiring instead of differential wiring.
  8. Fraza44

Fraza44 Member

Balance:
    651Coins
    Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    I'm new to allot of this stuff but I'm working on a plan for my own personal simulation platform.

So if I understand what you are stating here, your "Programmable Logic Controller that is compatible with simtools to run servo motors" is capable of working with the smaller 6 Axis Industrial Robot such as Kuka, Fanuc, and ABB?

Can you provide the website which sells your product so I can do more research?

Also can you provide pricing for your package? (I hope this isn't against the rule to ask)

Thanks
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2022
  9. SoftKitty

SoftKitty Member

Engine engineer
    Balance:
    - 148Coins
    Ratings:
    +60 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    AC motor, 6DOF
    Yes, it's by which most of the servo motors are driven in industrial applications, PLC is like a drive signal generator for them.
    The PLC I use is made by Samkoon, its coding lanuage is very similar to Siemens PLC.
    I'm not sure about the rule either, I will PM you the price information.
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2022
  10. MarkRSmith

MarkRSmith New Member

Balance:
    17Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    AC motor, Arduino, 6DOF

I have a few of these Schneider LMC 20s. I'm willing to share some with anyone who can help with getting them up and running/communicating with Simtools.
    thanks
    Mark

Attached Files: