1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Planning phase 2dof sim

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Building Q&A / FAQ' started by skalleno, Jul 14, 2011.

1. skalleno

skalleno New Member

Balance:
    341Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi, i have been surfing this fine site for some time now, and had to register to ask a few questions. I am currently planning a 2dof sim setup, primarly for racing. I am planning to use wiper motors. Would it be possible to use the VM110 for the interface? I know about the JRK12v12, but this is not aviable in my country, but the VM110 is aviable nearby. So if anyone could give me some info on this that would be great.
  2. skalleno

skalleno New Member

Balance:
    341Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Never mind. After some more reading, i see that the VM110 is used for pneumatics. Will order the JRK. :)
  3. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Righto then, you should be able to get the JRK shipped anywhere. Once you have them , feel free to ask my self or Shannonb1, aldoz, and eaorrobbie for assistance, as we are all running them.
    Thanks, David.
  4. eaorobbie

eaorobbie Well-Known Member SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

CAD Detailer
    Balance:
    20,400Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,683 / 23 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK, SimforceGT, 6DOF
    Ok mate let us know when your ready to set them up.
    Recommend building a test motor setup before sim then once ya confident using x sim with the jrk , build the sim of your choice.
  5. skalleno

skalleno New Member

Balance:
    341Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yes i will let you know when the building begins, but first it`s off for a 3 week holiday :)
  6. eaorobbie

eaorobbie Well-Known Member SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

CAD Detailer
    Balance:
    20,400Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,683 / 23 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK, SimforceGT, 6DOF
    no worries mate. Write a description in ya post as ya build it mate.
    Helps to keep track of what ya doing with it plus we can add comments or questions plus its valuable for new comers to see how someone else achieved it.
    Enjoy ya holiday, come back safe.
  7. kubing

kubing Member

teacher, Industrial electronic programmer
    Balance:
    350Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    discuss with you wife would be great..you gonna need every second of your free time about 2 or three month..maybe more
  8. EL-CORAZON

EL-CORAZON New Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    372Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Cant go wrong with jrk :hi: . I order mine from supplier in Sweden.my sim working better then I had hoped for :D
  9. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I run my jrks at 22.5 amps max current setting with heatsinks on the big chip, in a box with a fan on it. They run great!
    :D
  10. EL-CORAZON

EL-CORAZON New Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    372Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    outch.. 8) have mine at 8amp and small heat sinks on...and it is very strong motion still :thbup:
  11. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Everyone else runs their jrk's at a lower current rating than mine. I must be doing something wrong. I may have to shift the weight balance back on the frame a bit further.Anyway, they work and work well. The only thing that gets hot are the motors, even with fans on them. :thbup:
  12. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Then again, I do not know the average current draw, just the spike current draw, hence 22.5 amp max current.