1. Hundreds of coffees, endless nights of debugging and coding, and countless feedback by our beta testers led to this new major release. SimTools 2.4 is probably the version with the most upgrades and improvements in a single release ever. Look at everything Dustin has included:
    SimTools 2.4 all features.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Download Package Now!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant here. Do not following these rules will lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.

[PIMAX] All about the VR headsets

Discussion in 'VR Headsets and Sim Gaming - Virtual Reality' started by Pit, Sep 19, 2017.

1. Pierre Lalancette

Pierre Lalancette Lalancelot Gold Contributor

3D Technical Director
    Balance:
    5,171Coins
    Ratings:
    +618 / 5 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    I tried to set up the motion compensation with Pimax. Did not work. This is what I wrote on Pimax forum.

First, many thanks to Pimax to try to add motion compensation to the headset.
    But setting the motion compensation to a controller locks the world to that controller (and its good) but we need to be able to reset the seat position (which we can't, it does nothing).
    Resetting the seat position should move the world to the right position for the headset and use that change of matrices to calculate the offset of the controller.
    The controller is fixed on the rig, if we can't adjust its offset to the world (or being calculated during a seat reset), we can't use it.
    So sad.
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Pierre Lalancette

3D Technical Director
    Balance:
    5,171Coins
    Ratings:
    +618 / 5 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Tested Pimax motion compensation again, this time with assetto corsa. It worked, partially.

I was able to set the motion compensation tracker (controller) and the reset position works for this game. So far, so good.
    The only problem with it for assetto is that it has to be in the right rotation. If the tracker is rotated, the game will be side way and stay that way even with a seat position reset.
    So, motion compensation is working partially depending of the game. I suspect that Dirt Rally does not work because of revive. But, that’s Pimax expertise now to find out the reason. I’m just experimenting and providing the results.

Sideways
    IMG_2344.JPG

Right
    IMG_2345.JPG
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. born2bslow

born2bslow Member

Balance:
    365Coins
    Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Bizarre problem trying this out. I've had the tracker for a while but never used it because motion compensation wasn't in place. Weird problem now, I connect the tracker and everything flips 90 degrees as though I'm lying on my side???? I can't figure out how to reset my position, I don't have vive controllers so I can't navigate in SteamVR easily, my gamepad only works for some controls. Why can't I use my keyboard and mouse ffs...
  4. Pierre Lalancette

3D Technical Director
    Balance:
    5,171Coins
    Ratings:
    +618 / 5 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Yes, I am using my second controller to go to the setting and "reset the seat position". I don't know how you can do without.