1. Hundreds of coffees, endless nights of debugging and coding, and countless feedback by our beta testers led to this new major release. SimTools 2.4 is probably the version with the most upgrades and improvements in a single release ever. Look at everything Dustin has included:
    SimTools 2.4 all features.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Download Package Now!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant here. Do not following these rules will lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.

Question Overcoming G seat sway axis limitations and H/S force due to using clipping to avoid negative throw

Discussion in 'SimTools Pro & Entertainment Version' started by Trigen, Jun 5, 2019.

1. Trigen

Trigen Active Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    905Coins
    Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    Hello

Simtools 2.3.1 Pro

One limitation of using simtools with a G seat is that with sway moving both ways you will need to clip the axis right below center and thereby loose a lot of axis information from heave/surge when the axis is beyond the clipping area, basically in every turn. I heard that it is possible to limit a force trough ardunio sketch but with no further data given i do now know how to modify the SMC sketches to achieve this or build my own sketch.

What is needed:
    Sway (and Traction loss) full range + axis but stop at center and be clipped below center
    Heave/surge full range + and - but from the sway point of origin(it does this now so no biggie. You would need to leave a enough physical range on the mechanical side for it to go below.

What do you think would be the simplest way to achieve this?
    Sketch or rewrite the plugins? Axis plugin?
    Is the plugin code open somewhere or need to write from scratch using examples?
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2019