1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Question OSW Direct Drive question

Discussion in 'Direct Drive Wheels' started by Artistichalo, Sep 21, 2017.

1. Artistichalo

Artistichalo Member

Balance:
    511Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Until March of this year I mostly used a belt driven wheel (CSW V 1.5 and V2) I now own a OSW Direct drive wheel and really happy with my purchase. My question ,what is needed for a particular sim game to be able to communicate with a OSW D.D wheels ? The game in question is the Forza 7 demo . I am able to create a input profile and all my settings work as it should (steering/pedals/shifting and buttons on my wheel ) . The only thing that doesn't work is actual FFB effects thru the wheel no effects at all.. Is this a game issue or a Granity or MMOS issue. I have read in different forums that some of the wheels that have preset in game are also having some FFB issues. Thank you .
  2. Jerry Atrick

Jerry Atrick this is my sim Gold Contributor

Retired
    Balance:
    1,414Coins
    Ratings:
    +44 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    4DOF
    Hi Artistichalo, not sure if this helps; but I tried the demo last night with CSR and had a good response to FFB, strong and precise.

MS were saying you can connect just about anything! but I don't know if they meant premium wheels though?

Hope you find a solution.

Regards Jerry.
  3. prodigy

prodigy Burning revs

Balance:
    6,698Coins
    Ratings:
    +399 / 4 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, AC motor, SCN5, JRK
    The FFB for OSW wheel is not working in Forza 7 because some stuff are broken in Windows 10 current build. You need to download latest Windows 10 Insider update / build to have FFB working with OSW wheel.

Or wait till October 17th when this update will be released as public Win10 update.
  4. dennis johnson

dennis johnson Member

retired
    Balance:
    138Coins
    Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, AC motor
    I wonder if this is what is keeping me from getting any FFB from Project Cars 2......

Would you happen to know what the latest version number is?