1. This Software is no longer supported by us. Please download the new motion control software SimTools.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  4. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  5. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Operation PlugFree

Discussion in 'Force-Sender & Plugins' started by Hobbs77, Jul 6, 2011.

1. RaceRay

RaceRay Administrator Staff Member SimAxe Beta Tester

Self-employed | Web and application development
    Balance:
    23,837Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,957 / 13 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, SimAxe, SimforceGT
    Wait, i increase the upload limit... DONE :)

I also granted you access to the wiki. Are your able to login here with your existent user data?
    http://www.x-simulator.de/wiki/index.ph ... =Main_Page
  2. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Thank you, yes it works, I will upload it tonight for review.
    :cheers: David.
  3. rafael_design

rafael_design Member

CGI Architectural Visualizations with Blender 3D
    Balance:
    328Coins
    Ratings:
    +19 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform
    Quick guide Overview of available DIY simulators: sirnoname (done and placed on the main page)
    Quick guide How to make profiles for SCN5/wipper engine based 2DOF simulator with rFactor: nima, papifix (done in german, missing special word translations, not well translated to english!)
    Quick guide How to make profiles for SCN5/wipper engine based 2DOF simulator universal in english: rafael (almost finished (SirNoName and Nima think it's nice) Bleco started comments to fine tune it)
    Quick guide Start with X-Sim, Setup of plugins and setup of the profiler in english: none (release date unknown)
    Rewritten and double checked version of Thanos DIY interface + H-Bridge all in one Instruction: fermevc (done!)
    Rewrite / correct current X-Sim manual with better english language: none (release date: unknown)
    Write and create x-sim league documents with easy all in one rFactor patch installer: none (release date: unknown)

Hi bsft,
    Please take a look on the list above. If you can, please focus on some of the topics marked in red.
    SirNoName told me to lead this manuals subject so this is my attempt to organize what will be done.
    I have read your previous post and I think it fits well in the Quick guide Start with X-Sim, Setup of plugins and setup of the profiler topic and would be good to see it finished in a short time.
    If you do not mind doing this, the look for the completed documentation gets far finished.

please use the templates available from this forum:
    download/file.php?id=6405
    If you dont mind please use Open Office as I did.

I wish we can count on you!
    regards,
    rafael.

ps.: SirNoName said that the wiki is not a goal this time. You can upload your files to any file host service and place the link in this thread.
  4. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello Rafael, I have completed (or I think so) a document relating to Quick guide Start with X-Sim, Setup of plugins and setup of the profiler , however, my document is called simple guide to using x-sim. If this is the wrong heading, then my apologies.
    I have used the template suggested, and copy-pasted my explanation and screen shots onto it.
    http://www.filehosting.org/file/details ... _Lane.docx , here is the link to look at the document.
    From what I can tell, I am the only person whom has now written an english language document relating to start with x-sim. I have learnt a great deal for other forum members , and I refer to them with my answers when needed.
    I am NOT a professional document writer, but I have managed to successfully assist others on this forum in getting started.
    If anyone else has written a document, then have it posted perhaps in a thread relating directly to these documents, not just a wiki link. Have a set link on the front page of the site or something.
    Plenty of people have said they will write a document. I have had a go and written something. If it is in the wrong format, or I have not used open office, once again , my apologies.
    Perhaps take the information and put it in the correct area then please. However, if you are going to suggest I finish it, then at least do me the courtesy of reviewing the document and letting me know, what I have missed. I believe it is a finished document. If it is not, what did I miss in it?

Sometimes, I get the feeling there are more information stealers than sharers.
    Granted this is an open forum, and people can come and go and do that.
    At least if someone uses someone else help - info to their own advantage, then recognize the original source of information in their results.
  5. rafael_design

rafael_design Member

Balance:
    328Coins
    Ratings:
    +19 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Hello David, right?
    My sugestion to use OpenOffice is for it easily to be edited for anyone else interested in do so, as it is an free software.
    But you surely can use the other software, I think there is no problem with that.

I took a really fast look on your manual (I am busy right now) and, if you like, I can format it for us.
    There is some things like JRK and other stuff that I not use but it should not be a problem.

regards,
    rafael.
  6. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Rafael, I appreciate that if you can have a look at it. And then please let the appropriate people that are chasing documents know that another document has been written. Just take out the jrk part if you need to. I did add it as the document as it was part of my explanation to getting x-sim started with control boards. As you need control boards connected to use the program.
  7. value1

value1 Nerd SimAxe Beta Tester SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

Balance:
    14,460Coins
    Ratings:
    +3,318 / 11 / -1
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK, Joyrider
    Fantastic. Perfect timing for me!
    Thank you, David, for this document. Without I would be pulling my hair out by now.
    [strike]Not that my motors were moving yet (actually I just boiled one of my jrks) – but with your instructions they will sooner or later.[/strike] Yes, they are moving in the meantime :) (Although one jrk is still kaput)
    Thank you so much!

Please, don't!!!
  8. bleco

bleco Member Gold Contributor

IT Problem Coordinator
    Balance:
    258Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Hi,

I think it could be interresting to include a reminder section in the motion profile creation document. Here is an exemple based on 4 popular titles:

***Attachement temporary removed***

I don't have any other X-sim compatible title presently installed on my computer but I could had the missing ones if other members provide the accurate informations related to axis inversion and G-Force representation data values. Of course other usefull informations could be added as well. This is just an idea ...

Bleco
  9. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello Value1, good to see you got your boards working, just put a heatsink on the big chip and a fan for future. I have on mine and they run fine. The jrks' are a tough little board, but do require some attention.
    It is not my plan to remove the JRK part from the document, I should stay as it is relevant. However, I wrote the document, if the moderators wish to modify the document, they are entitled to AS LONG AS THEY LET ME KNOW!!!!!
  10. rafael_design

rafael_design Member

Balance:
    328Coins
    Ratings:
    +19 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Hello Bleco, very nice!!!
    I can place the reminder on the manual for sure.

About the G-force issue...
    Now it is writen: 10G - 20.000.000
    I could change it to: 20G - 20.000.000
    this way the value stays the same and out of brake range and we do not complicate things.

I think that maybe this relation 1G = 1.000.000 is not precise, or not.... Just wondering
    Nima! :sos: :D

regards,
    rafael.
  11. bleco

IT Problem Coordinator
    Balance:
    258Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Good!

it could be quickly filled with other members contribution ... and we could update it with new titles.

In what title does the 1G = 1.000.000 is not precise for you ? From the data records I am getting it's pretty accurate but I might be wrong. Someones understanding how the plugin were written could answer accurately.

As for my comments on the document you shared, I could have been more precise ;

- SECOND STEP: SET RANGE PARAMETER
    ... Just let the “Use automatic maximum adjustment” box checked so the game give you this value
    and than you can fine tune it later. This option is specially good to prevent too low values that can overturn your wiper motors too fast even with the lowest forces incoming from the game...

Setting too low values can also damage scn5-6 actuators...

- SECOND STEP: SET RANGE PARAMETER
    That is, 9.000.000 is one acceptable Maximum value for lateral force in rFactor (with a certain high performance car) so if you set half of this value you will experience the full motion when turning less stronger. Other games like iRacing may have
    Lateral Force Maximum values around 800.000...

From these two last sentences what I understand is that a correct maximum value for lateral force in rFactor could be 9000000 and 800000 for iRacing which would represent 9Gs in rFactor and 8Gs in iRacing... It's way too high and if you record the data correctly, you will never reach this point... I personnaly don't use copy combine and sliders and maybe using higher fictional values only applies to profile creation using them, if it is the case then I think it should be mentionned. It is IMO way simplier and accurate to just record the data while staying on the track and start with 2 as a max value. I think the values you should start with are those provided by the game and then fine tune if needed...

My personal opinion here ...

Thx!

Bleco
  12. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I agree Bleco, the use automatic max adjustment will give quite a good start. Just try to avoid any big bumps or hitting a wall. Then increase the number for exapmle 10-15% incriments after you have unticked the auto max box and go from there.
  13. value1

value1 Nerd SimAxe Beta Tester SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

Balance:
    14,460Coins
    Ratings:
    +3,318 / 11 / -1
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK, Joyrider
    Comparing the rFactor output and real acceleration data, the relation is about 0.2g = 1’000’000.
    So 10'000'000 in rFactor is equivalent to 2g, which certainly will apply in Formula 1 racing.
    However I think that in general the scaling of the in-game values and the real accelerations is irrelevant when using the x-sim software.
  14. rafael_design

rafael_design Member

Balance:
    328Coins
    Ratings:
    +19 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Well I think everybody is right...including me :D

Yes I will make it actuators instead of wiper motors ;D

Yes, I figured out what is happening. When I record data using “Use automatic maximum adjustment” box checked the values dont get as high but I set them about 1.8x the record, that is 9.000.000.
    Do you want to know why? That is because when I double it the motion is less intense, so I add another g-force x speed (g-force at high speed) and I get the final full intense motion.
    I will change it to 5000000 (rfactor), 500000 (iRacing) and make clear for people to watch out when adding other forces together.

I take back what I said :tape:

Well I have to agree with you too (thats why I use the record multiplied 1.8x in some cases and 0.1x at others). Despite this, I think the relation 1G = 1.000.000 might be right.

In the TROUBLESHOOTING AND OTHER HINTS you can find this:
    “GUESSING” VALUES FOR EXPERIMENTATION:
    If you want to “guess” values in the attempt of tweak motion is important to watch out that the lower “Maximum value”
    and “Minimum value” the fewer force is needed to move your actuators. The inverse occurs when changing “Intensity value” when
    higher intensity causes your actuator to move more.

thanks for the feedback you all!
    rafael.
  15. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    ah yes, but does it work for you :hi:
  16. rafael_design

rafael_design Member

Balance:
    328Coins
    Ratings:
    +19 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    I did not get it, bsft. Anyway can you tell me if you could handle some of it? If you do, just make the sketches and I can format it too...
    Rewrite / correct current X-Sim manual with better english language: none (release date: unknown)
    Write and create x-sim league documents with easy all in one rFactor patch installer: none (release date: unknown)

Thanks!
  17. bleco

IT Problem Coordinator
    Balance:
    258Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Interresting experience :)

Your real time acceleration values were took using a Citroën Xsara Picasso ... Did you use this car in rFactor ? And if so, how could we be sure your values and real life capturing method and even rFactor values for this specific car are accurate ... ? I personnally only use mods created by well known modding teams if not original ISI or Simbin or iRacing created cars.

When you capture the ingame data you will get the best results by staying on the track (no curbs, no grass, no walls or any other collision). It is also better to test on tracks with less possible bumps that will include good hills, roll, long stretches for maximum speed acceleration and maximum braking scenarios or it will mess the overall results. The maximum values you will get from rFactor if your capture is correctly done won't be higher then 5 or 6000000 and will be get from lateral and braking ...

Bleco
  18. rafael_design

rafael_design Member

Balance:
    328Coins
    Ratings:
    +19 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Hi Bleco, you are correct. Now take a look:
    I was looking to this g-force values and here is what I found:
    Bleco says ______1G = 1.000.000; 5G = 5.000.000; 20G = 20.000.000
    I said _________0.5G = 1.000.000; 2.5G = 5.000.000; 10G = 20.000.000
    value1 says ____0.2G = 1.000.000; 1G = 5.000.000; 4G = 20.000.000
    I am pretty in the middle :D
    value1, I think you can not be right because 20.000.000 works fine as out of range and, following your numbers, it is only 4Gs.
    On the other hand, Bleco, how can be 5Gs = 5.000.000 if with this value we have to use scaler to dim the intensity on our actuators? I mean 5Gs is one of the most extreme cenarios when turning for instance and with 5.000.000 we easily go thru the full course of the actuators (please correct me if I am wrong).

Anyway Bleco, IMO, 1G is some value close to what you and I are saying... :thbup:
  19. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I can look at the current manual and attempt to simplify it, but that's about all.
    I do not play rfactor, so I cannot help.

By the way, is my document suitable or is it just getting sidelined because of a supposed lack of professionalism?

As for my first comment Rafael, what I mean is, did you try the technique that bleco and I suggested?
    Cheers, David.
  20. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Also, can we actually stay on subject here...
    This thread is to find document writers, not get sidelined with information in a document that relates to another thread.