1. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  2. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  3. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

OpenVR-MotionCompensation

Discussion in 'VR Headsets and Sim Gaming - Virtual Reality' started by Dschadu, Apr 19, 2020.

1. VirtualObsession

VirtualObsession Member Gold Contributor

IT developer
    Balance:
    195Coins
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    I'm using V1 lighthouse tracking. I've just ordered some V2 lighthouses. Not sure that will make any difference, but who knows. It seems it doesn't happen to everyone with SteamVR lighthouse tracking. Maybe it's the way the playspace is setup.
    I'll look at building the code and see if there's anything I can contribute.
  2. cfischer

cfischer Active Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    1,985Coins
    Ratings:
    +197 / 0 / -0
    Im referring specifically to the virtual tracker (flypt) problem that afaik does affect everyone with lighthouses 1.0 or 2.0.

Would be awesome to have some progress. I and probably others would contribute!
    I've resorted to optical tracking with 4 base stations (in the mail) for now. Would love to use virtual tracker as I've tasted a few playable seconds with that before the origin goes nuts and its much smoother than optical (despite filters).
  3. VirtualObsession

VirtualObsession Member Gold Contributor

IT developer
    Balance:
    195Coins
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    4 base stations! I've only ordered 3.. The 3rd I hope to dedicate to a V3 tracker. I don't like the way my V1 tracker seems all jittery and sensitive to vibrations. Sounds like the virtual tracker is the way to go. Now you've got me motivated.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. cfischer

cfischer Active Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    1,985Coins
    Ratings:
    +197 / 0 / -0
    Yeah I completely agree! Virtual tracker is really the right way.

I think a lot of people have small enough motion on their rigs that they dont mind optical. For me I've got 30 degrees of pitch and roll and continuous yaw - lots of motion. The yaw is the reason for the 4 base stations.

Let us know if we can help other than cheer you on!