1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

old pictures of my motion flight sim

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by wannabeaflyer, Sep 15, 2008.

1. wannabeaflyer

wannabeaflyer Active Member

Balance:
    970Coins
    Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    not pretty at this stage but worked and showed what could be done ...again project stopped while i made a CNC machine to cut the parts out so little time so much to do thats the internet for you but would not have it any other way 8)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOe3hxNcbXI

Attached Files:

2. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    nice :thbup:

Though the platform moves quite slowly, it could do the job for GA flight sims. What's your experience? Does your construction have enough power to handle the movement with yourself in the seat?

Regards
    Christian
  3. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
  4. wannabeaflyer

wannabeaflyer Active Member

Balance:
    970Coins
    Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    Hi Christian the original setup was driven by the wiper motors and 2 things came up as soon as the body of the cockpit was built the 1st was the worry about the load back driven to the wipermotors through the power steering rack and the second was cable stretch ( mainl due to mech design i belive and cable will stretch a little until worked in ) so after trying the motion software supplied by Jim at ( Jimspage http://www.jimspage.co.nz/ ) i decided i needed something stronger and thats why that project is on hold ... quite like the cable option and when i re- weld the pulley mounts things shold improve.. so thats where i am with that project at the moment ( platform Built . 2 LCD panels for Instruments GPS etc , Hombuild Throttle designed and prototyped , Homebuilt Yoke Designed and prototyed, Homebuilt Throttle Designed and prototyped m all those bits will be re-made on my CNC machine , electronic interface is opencockpits and Hagstrom encoder card and forward view provided at the moment by a projector ) all needs tidying up but enough work done to let me know it;s a worthile project and another great learning experiance check out work done by Craig Warner and Jim at http://www.jimspage.co.nz really key info towards all of my work came from those guys and more and more form the x-sim crew & members