1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Question Oculus Rift S and motion sim

Discussion in 'Off Topic - All other stuff here' started by CLEOPHUS, Feb 20, 2020.

Tags:
  1. CLEOPHUS

CLEOPHUS Member

Balance:
    229Coins
    Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    Has anyone upgraded to the Rift S? I'm worried that the built in tracking may not react well to a motion sim bouncing around, but the idea that I can ditch those sensors and free up some USB ports sounds great.

Thanks in advance.
  2. Javo5

Javo5 Active Member

Balance:
    293Coins
    Ratings:
    +52 / 3 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    I'm from CV1 to Rift S with 2dof. No problems at all
  3. yangsqr

yangsqr Member

Balance:
    - 22Coins
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    Where do you buy rift s from? It's sad that Amazon and the official website are out of stock for a month.
  4. CLEOPHUS

CLEOPHUS Member

Balance:
    229Coins
    Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    Microsoft stores have them in stock. Not sure where you're located, but I got mine at the Beachwood Ohio location.
  5. yangsqr

yangsqr Member

Balance:
    - 22Coins
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    Thank you for the information, but unfortunately now the Microsoft store has become out of stock too. It looks like the rifts are not available all over the world:confused:
    rift.jpg
  6. CLEOPHUS

CLEOPHUS Member

Balance:
    229Coins
    Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    You need to call your local store. All 3 stores within a few hours drive said sold out. All three had them when I called.
  7. Keith

Keith Active Member

Electrician
    Balance:
    118Coins
    Ratings:
    +81 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform
    The Rift S is my first VR headset so I have nothing to compare it to but I think its great. Totally recommend it
  8. f1iceman

f1iceman Why So Serious ? ( The Joker )

Balance:
    791Coins
    Ratings:
    +390 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, SCN5
    Ibhave posted about the Rift S before and an scn5 seat mover.

I can not use the Rift S as its picks up tinys jitters and the screen or the headset move and jitters.

This is with Dirt Rally not tested on other sims but it shakes too much and ypu see that with the image you see as its reacting to the rig judder and sends me dizzy.
    I had to go back to the CV1.
    I have for got to try different face covee to see if that helps.
    I really should buy some to test out.
    It is possible the foam is far too light and the wobbles is there.

I will try to report back.
    Soon as i get some face covers.