1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

NIXIM - Simulator

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by Fahim, Mar 22, 2009.

1. Ringorumble

Ringorumble Active Member

Balance:
    190Coins
    Ratings:
    +48 / 1 / -0
    right, so next time if you open a profile and the creator named his actuators links or l or l pos you have to realoc yours again. here you named them as master also named his, so no need to allocate them
  2. Fahim

Fahim Member

Balance:
    245Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Thank. So that problem is okay now.

When I press the START button on the profiler. I can here a little noise in the actuators. Like a click.

Then when I press play game in the force sender. Rfactor starts up.

When I start driving the actuators do not move. They just stay in middle position :(
    The only thing I have not done from the original diagrams is I have not placed a resistor from A to B in the rs485 USB adaptors.

Surely something like this can not cause NO action :)

This situation is like a pregnant woman. Waiting so long for birth but it is not happning. But when it does it will be joyfull. lol. feel so close to getting it working.
  3. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    This little tutorial will demonstrate you how you will be able to display and use R-Factor motion-data in X-Sim:

1. Copy therFactorplugin.dll out of C:\Programms\X-Sim\other stuff\rFactor and paste it to C:\Programms\rFactor\Plugins
    2. Start Force-Profiler
    3. Start Force-Sender and activate rFactor plugin in Force-Sender Plugin dropdown register. Then press Send
    4. Start r-Factor
    6. Ensure the hardware plugins are activated (Press G on your keyboard to activate/deactivate them while on racetrack)
    5. Select cockpit-view and put your vehicle in movenment
    6. Press the Pause-key and return to your desktop (ctrl-alt-del)
    7.Congrats! Now you should be able to see rFactor motion data in Force-Profiler' upper incomming-list

8. Make a profile that fits your requirements, or load a profile provided by our community members.
    9. Have fun with your simulator, infopanel or whatever you are going to move with those data!

regards
  4. Fahim

Fahim Member

Balance:
    245Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I got up to stage 7 where I could see the data from my test drive.

But step 8 I loaded the Masteryoda intel F1 profile.

The when I played R factor the actuators do not move.
    They only move when I start profiler program where they go in and out to normal position.

Something does not seem right. In caliberation section of force profiler. The actuators do not even caliberate. It is as if there is no signal going through the usb to the rs485 adaptor and into the actuators. Yet they power up when profiler starts.

My pc is relitavley brand new. I bought it for the sim project so ever USB (it has 6 usb ports) is working fine. Maybe I need to take picture of jumper setting on the adaptor and show you guys.

prob7.jpg
  5. Ringorumble

Ringorumble Active Member

Balance:
    190Coins
    Ratings:
    +48 / 1 / -0
    Try the test plugin and see if you can move em !
  6. Fahim

Fahim Member

Balance:
    245Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I load up force sender and load the test plugin. Big box of sliders came up. I pressed auto slider and all little bars went up and down. But scn5 actuators did not move.

I have made picture of the adaptors. I did switch the jumper set to rs485 mode. There were two little jumpers. (clips)

Could be adaptor issue. I'm using two adaptors usb. So both cannot be broke.

Time really flys quick also when your NOT having fun :( hehe prob8.jpg
  7. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    Simulator on NIXIM base frame

did you pressed the big green start button?
  8. Fahim

Fahim Member

Balance:
    245Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Yes, when I press the big green start button it goes to a bouncy red stop button.

You can just about here a small click in the actuators when you press the start button as if they are activating.

Then I press Play game On force sender and R factor starts. But no action when driving.

Just actuators in middle position.

Do you think Zenor diode maybe failed. Because they get hot when soldering. But even so the actuators still go in and out when starting profiler program.
  9. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    Do not use the play game button at all. Just load a profile and click try send.
    Ensure rFactor is selected in the Sender.

If the actuators are displayed in the in the profiler, the cabling and converters are ok.
  10. Fahim

Fahim Member

Balance:
    245Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Yes they display fine in the profiler.

When I press send data , on the force profiler (right hand corner) the force sender icon flashes connected.

So you do not want me to press the play game button.

How do you want me to start the game?
  11. RaceRay

RaceRay Administrator Staff Member SimAxe Beta Tester

Self-employed | Web and application development
    Balance:
    23,838Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,965 / 13 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, SimAxe, SimforceGT
    Did you connect Sender to the Profiler and pressed Try send Data in the sender, before using sliders?

Edit: Ups, see you answered it already.

Go step by step by this tut and post result at which minute parallel to the video your sim hangs:
    http://www.simxperience.com/files/XSimT ... -Sim2.html
  12. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    With rFactor.exe as usual
  13. Fahim

Fahim Member

Balance:
    245Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Thanks guys for quick replies. I am at work now. But It is hard to keep my mind off it.

I will be back home in 6 hours.

Speak soon.
  14. Fahim

Fahim Member

Balance:
    245Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Dear Ego,

I did what you said inregards to clicking on Rfactor.exe after pressing START and no result. When I press start button I can hear the right actuator make a click noise.

Now I will try Raceray link of tuturiol he has given me.

Thanks.
  15. Fahim

Fahim Member

Balance:
    245Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Dear raceray,

I followed tutorial, which is a great one. I failed at 2.23 seconds into the video.

The problem is I cannot press send data again. As it is already connected to profiler. In this video send data was press once early on, and then after a few stages, bvillersjr presses it again at 2.23 and then the actuators move. This is what I want mine to do :)

Please see photo. Everything into tutorial went fine until 2minutes23 seconds.

Kind Regards. prob9.jpg
  16. Fahim

Fahim Member

Balance:
    245Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Sorry I am wrong. It was not pressed early on. I will start tutorial again. Cheers.

Right, I have gone through the tutotial again. And again at 2 minutes and 23 seconds. I fail. When I press SEND data The actuators do not move. In the video they go down and then back to normal position at 2minutes and 23 seconds. :(

Not on mine. They just stay in middle position :( . The test plugin was selected and values on test bars were 40,000 & 25,000 as per tutorial.
  17. Fahim

Fahim Member

Balance:
    245Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Okay guys. Now I have atleast RESULT.

At 2.23 time of the video. I decided to press START on the profiler. And then when I went back to the TEST BARS. I moved them and the actuators did move.

So I have done something different to the tutorial at this moment. I had to press start myself.

Now I need to get them to move in a game :)
  18. Fahim

Fahim Member

Balance:
    245Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I have had no luck what so ever getting my actuators to work with RFactor. Although they do work in the testplugin (testbar sliders)

I think I need to give up and try Live for Speed. I will make a request for LFS profile with 25% limiter in the appropriate thread.

Then maybe I can get some sort of result.
    I am running on vista. I followed bvillersjr tutorial from youtube on how to vista.

But I did not so sirnoname tutorial when you have to do command promt and do the adminstrator thing. ;P
  19. Fahim

Fahim Member

Balance:
    245Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    If my actuators work in testplugin mode by moving sliders. Does this mean my adaptors are perfectly okay? I just cannot get them to work in the games.

I have tried live for speed aswell. prob10.jpg
  20. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    Yes, if they move with the testplugin, they are setted up ok.

I assume you have messed up with the rFactor plugin dll file. Sure that you have placed the correct file in the rfactor plugins directory?

Btw, rFactor just outputs data if you are in your own car in cockpit mode...
    Spectator mode does not work...

When you have loaded a rfactor profile and driving in cockpit mode with hardware plugins enabled, do you see changing values in the Profiler input setup then?

regards