1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Next Car Game Steam Beta

Discussion in 'SimTools Plugins' started by frankrizzo2, Jan 15, 2014.

1. frankrizzo2

frankrizzo2 Member

Balance:
    603Coins
    Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK
    Didn't know if anyone has been watching the development of this game but it's gonna be incredibly fun and the destruction physics look incredible. It's in alpha stage but everyone seems to really be having fun with it.
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/228380

I think I'm gonna pick this one up and give it a try. It's made by the same guys that did the Flatout series. Does anyone know how the motion data is reported in those games as I would like to get motion on this one if possible. I would be willing to try to extract the data myself but I may need a little help along the way. Thanks
  2. value1

value1 Nerd SimAxe Beta Tester SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

Balance:
    14,509Coins
    Ratings:
    +3,319 / 11 / -1
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK, Joyrider
    Hi @frankrizzo2
    I faintly follow the development there and asked for motion data. No reply indicating interest in providing that.
  3. frankrizzo2

frankrizzo2 Member

Balance:
    603Coins
    Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK
    Hi @value1 thanks for the response and for asking for the motion data from them. I'm sure that they are busy with other things at the moment but I would hope that they would implement that in the future as I think it would be a blast to play. Maybe there is another way I can get that data in the mean time? I've downloaded the cheat engine software to maybe find the memory hooks but I'm not really sure on how to use the program or even where to look. @prilad would you be able to assist me? I'm assuming that its time consuming but I'm willing to do what I can to help. Thanks in advance for your help
  4. value1

Balance:
    14,509Coins
    Ratings:
    +3,319 / 11 / -1
    My Motion Simulator:
    Hi @frankrizzo2
    Cheat Engine is certainly the path forward if no interface/API/SDK is provided by the developer.

A good starting point for getting used to Cheat Engine is the built-in tutorial. With that you can start getting your hands dirty.
    @prilad has explained, how he used Cheat Engine to find the motion data of Wings of Prey. See here

What you must consider though is that most probably with each new release of the next car game you will have to find the new location of the motion values…
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. frankrizzo2

frankrizzo2 Member

Balance:
    603Coins
    Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK
    Ok sounds great I will follow your advise and the link provided and will go from there. Thanks for your help and if I run into some major issues hopefully someone can help me out.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. prilad

prilad Well-Known Member SimAxe Beta Tester SimTools Developer

Balance:
    9,615Coins
    Ratings:
    +512 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, Arduino, 4DOF
    Hi, @frankrizzo2 . I have searched some data in Next Car Game pre-alpha. But do not finished, because have not many time for this.
    I have the impression that exotic games are not interesting for many people ..
    • Like Like x 1
  7. value1

Balance:
    14,509Coins
    Ratings:
    +3,319 / 11 / -1
    My Motion Simulator:
    Bugbear's NCG seems a lot of fun for a while/arcade. Nothing to compare to rFactor or Assetto or FSX of course.
    Interestingly though the download rate of RBR and NFS is on the high side, compareable to rFactor (the #1)
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    speaking of bugbear, my 10 year old son asks if a motion plugin can be done for flatout 2 ?
  9. eaorobbie

eaorobbie Well-Known Member SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

CAD Detailer
    Balance:
    20,400Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,683 / 23 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK, SimforceGT, 6DOF
    People tend to just want to jump on with mates around and just have fun. What we use Grid2 and Dirt3 for.
    I got the Alpha of the game too, nice graphics, lets see where it goes, bloody good start so far.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. frankrizzo2

frankrizzo2 Member

Balance:
    603Coins
    Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK
    I'm like you guys too in the sense that I like the simulation racing of some of the more serious games like Rfactor, Assetto Corsa and those types of games, but I also find myself spending many hours on the arcade style racers too just because of how easy it is to just race and have fun. Of course that may change once I start racing online too. I want to be able to give back to this community, so by learning to do these plugins or possibly some other things I can do my part as many others have done to make this forum so great
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I race online almost exclusively with offline testing. We play, as Rob says, GRID2 and Dirt3 for a fast blast. Good laugh amongst us. We also play Race07 a lot, more of a sim race game and plan to setup a rfactor server again sometime.
    As for plugin assistance, contact yobuddy, value1, eaorobbie, raceray , prilad and anyone else I have forgotten that is the team of Simtools.