1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Newbie Tutorial

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Building Q&A / FAQ' started by edwin7, Nov 24, 2007.

1. edwin7

edwin7 New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ego, Kannst du mir sagen, welche die benötigte Teile sind. Ich habe in einem anderen Thread gelesen. Interface, PCB, Mikrocontroller, Motorsteuerung, etc. Muss man wirklich diesen PCB selbstbauen?Ich habe ja keine Ahnung von so was. PCB=interface?
    Was macht eigentlich tronicgr firmware? Ist X-sim software nicht genüg?

Gruss
  2. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    Du könntest dir auch einfach nur die Einzelteile kaufen und sie in eine Schachtel legen. Statistisch gesehen ist die Warscheinlichkeit, dass sich das Interface von selbst zusammenbaut, nahe der Unendlichkeit so warscheinlich, dass es tatsächlich passieren wird^^ ;D

Bau erst mal das Gestell mit der Mechanik. Ein Interface wirst Du dann schon irgendwie bekommen ;D

Die Firmware wird auf den Mikrokontroller geflasht. Der bekommt die XYZ Daten vom Profiler und arbeitet sozusagen autonom und wesentlich schneller, als es Windows kann.
  3. edwin7

edwin7 New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ego, wenn du irgendwas kaufen willst, bin ich auch dabei. Vielleicht kriegen wir günstiger, wenn wir alle zusammenkaufen. Wie bei paralax:

Item code 29144
    Price $49.95
    Starting from: 10 pieces $44.96
    Starting from: 25 pieces $39.96

Mit dem Gestell will ich noch nicht anfangen, weil ich dafür keine elektronische/besondere Kenntnisse brauche . Ich möchte erst wissen, ob ich fähig bin, die Motoren laufen zu bringen =P. Sonst bewegt mein Sim gar nicht =P.
  4. tronicgr

tronicgr

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi Edwin,

Although the HB-25 Motor Controller will be supported in the next beta firmware of my AVR motion controller, they suffer from a minor issue. They produce a whining sound on the motors cause they run internally in 10kHz PWM...

So the use of RN-VN2 is prefered instead. They run quitelly on 23,47kHz PWM!!

Regards, Thanos
  5. edwin7

edwin7 New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for your advice. But why you have to make the pcb by your self?

http://www.shop.robotikhardware.de/...d=129&osCsid=16868d00dc1c44f3595817e84ae9264c

Can't you use that? because I dont have elektronik background. I prefer to buy the modules, instead making them by my self. I mean, I dont have the equipment to make them (Solder, Scanner, Chemical, etc). Maybe it would cost more then if I buy the pcb in the shop.
  6. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    nein, man kann den Platinenrohling, den du verlinkt hast, nicht verwenden^^

Aber wir müssen die Platinen auch nicht selbst ätzen. Dafür gibts Ätzdienste^^
  7. tronicgr

tronicgr

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It not the same thing... The board that you have on the link does different job. And with less performance than my AVR motion controller.

I designed AVR motion controller to be as compatible is possible with x-sim software and other free motion software existing out there that send their motion data to the serial port of the computer.

And the nice part with my AVR motion controller is that it can be compatible with many different motor controllers and motion simulator construction layouts (2DOF joyrider, 2DOF coupled SimForceGT, 3DOF coupled platforms etc). I just implement a different firmware for the onboard ATmega8535 chip for each setup.

And its not nessasary to build an etching workshop to your house to produce my pcb board. There are etching services available that can make my PCB board if you give them the PDF layout I made.

PS, I seen your email, not much free time to reply yet... :)

Regards, Thanos
  8. edwin7

edwin7 New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0