1. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  2. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  3. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Question [Newbie] Starting my rig

Discussion in 'New users start here - FAQ' started by Mike Melga, Jul 14, 2020.

1. Halloween2go

Halloween2go Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    390Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform
    Hi Mike H2go here, I have not used them but all of those are the 'Shaker' or "speaker" part of a typical DIY setup. They all would require an amp to operate. Look to be a 100watt amp per device.
    The Butt Kicker I bought came with a 90 or 100 watt amp, and the shaker (and cables etc).
    If you already have an amp, just make sure the Ohm rating on the shakers is appropriate for the amp.
    You are in the right ballpark with those "shakers", you just need to amplify the signal to get them to work the way they should.
  2. Mike Melga

Mike Melga New Member

IT
    Balance:
    106Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
  3. Mike Melga

Mike Melga New Member

IT
    Balance:
    106Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
  4. Halloween2go

Halloween2go Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    390Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform
    I took a look those motors from the link you sent. I think that's others in the forum may be better suited to answer. You want good speed, which they seem to have and you also want high torque in (NM). Because your design is different than mine, I cant assume they would work the same as I have mechanical advantages due to the shoulder mount. Perhaps Noorbeast can help. Maybe PM him
  5. 427Cobra

427Cobra There is no substitute for cubic inches

Balance:
    353Coins
    Ratings:
    +16 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK
    I bought this motor directly from the manufacturer Dake Motor in China, via Alibaba.com. Very good customer support and the order process went very smooth, Ordered some gear box spare parts at the same time in the same shipping to be prepared for the future, just in case...
    12V, 200W, 3000prm, 50:1 with double side shaft. Haven't got my rig ready yet so I can't give my opinion about the use but worked fine when I made a run test without load.

https://dakemotor.en.alibaba.com/pr....html?spm=a2700.icbuShop.88.33.32135561CTG0h8

https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...ml?spm=a2700.icbuShop.41413.14.5d077d85VVt34O

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

• R4.jpg
      R4.jpg
      File size:
      232 KB
      Views:
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2020 at 20:18
  6. Mike Melga

Mike Melga New Member

IT
    Balance:
    106Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    @427Cobra,

Thanks! That is another option. When will you have your rig ready? :)
    How much did it cost? $99? Was shipping to high?
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2020 at 01:36
  7. 427Cobra

427Cobra There is no substitute for cubic inches

Balance:
    353Coins
    Ratings:
    +16 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK
    Hello Mike,

The shipping cost was $99 but the weight of the box was 11kg and the shipping time was short by DHL so I think it’s normal. The total cost for 2 motors with custom made drive shafts (length) ($100/each) + 1 extra set of gearwheels + 2 custom made shaft couplers + shipping was $360. Then local tax to be added but DHL made the paper work so it went smooth.

Don’t know when my rig will be ready, it’s a long term project, but hopefully before the end of the year. Some more hours and then it’s ready for start up and learn how to set up the software.