1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Newbie from USA wants to play!

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by circletrack15, Dec 22, 2008.

1. tronicgr

tronicgr

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi Dave,

Can you save the list in old XLS format? Most of us don't own yet office2007! :cheers:

Regards, Thanos
  2. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
  3. adochoa

adochoa New Member

Balance:
    1Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    List in excel 2003:

Attached Files:

4. circletrack15

circletrack15 New Member

Welder, Fabricator, Sim Racer
    Balance:
    394Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey guys whats up? Well, here is my latest add on to my sim. Its actually a mod but is still a part of what Iam buiding. Iam NOT! speaking for the rest of you but for me I have never liked how small the G25 wheel is. Being a past full size race car driver it just never felt right. So I found the new 2009 Longacre 15 ultra light wheel. They do also make a 14 as well. Whats amazing about it is that it weighs only 1.2lbs!! It is in fact lighter than the G25 wheel. It took me no longer than maybe 30 minutes to do this add on. It is so light I had to increase force feedback to make her feel more realistic. I have raced for around 5-6 hours with it and it is perfect!!

Attached Files:

5. circletrack15

circletrack15 New Member

Balance:
    394Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks adochoa for the parts list for both AVR and H-Bridge. Can you tell me what parts are not right ? Do you have the latest and most up to date parts list? I am having expresspcb.com do my pcb boards this comming week!! Man I cant wait to get where you guys are!! I wana play!!!! Thanks bro
  6. RaceRay

RaceRay Administrator Staff Member SimAxe Beta Tester

Self-employed | Web and application development
    Balance:
    23,840Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,968 / 13 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, SimAxe, SimforceGT
    great steering wheel. Looks like a real nascar one. :clap: What about the 2 orifinal g25 control buttons at the left and right?

IMHO you should look for a nicer wheel center cover than the logitech logo ;)
  7. circletrack15

circletrack15 New Member

Balance:
    394Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks!! I need to just add a little wire and then I will drill 2 holes and mount them to my new wheel. I am going to order the vinyl covered foam steering wheel center this next week and it will look just like a Nascar wheel.Thanks for the kind words my friend!!
  8. adochoa

adochoa New Member

Balance:
    1Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Circle,
    I gave you what I ordered over the last few months and should be correct. you should compare it to the lists on the main AMC thread though. there was a new one posted recently you could easily cross reference to reduce errors.

If you are going to order from PCB express, I have a couple suggestions - change the hole pattern to meet atx hole patterns. that way, you can put the board into a standard ATX chassis. OR... it would even fit into a mini ITX chassis. Also, if you move the serial port slightly, you can use a standard I/O shield. It would look very professional (and it seems you have things looking nice)!

I'm not sure how much cost it would add though, since it would increase the size of the board greatly.

here is the hole pattern:

Attached Files:

9. circletrack15

circletrack15 New Member

Balance:
    394Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    That is a very good idea! As of now I dont really know what Iam going to do as far as mounting my boards as Iam still trying to figure out what wiper motors to get? I have no idea how to tell if a wiper motor is or has I mean, a permanent magnet. Can one of you please tell me what you are using that works??? I would like to get them asap while Iam waiting on getting pcb stuff! Thanks guys!!
  10. circletrack15

circletrack15 New Member

Balance:
    394Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey guys whats up??? Well it has been a very long time since my last post! I have been very very busy with my job and have not had time like I have wanted to finish my sim!! Anyways Iam back!! and want to show you guys what I have upgraded and added to my sim in the last 5-6 months. I modded my G25 pedals by adding a Bodnar Box (Awesome!) improvement!! I also removed them and spread them out a little and welded them to a metal frame to over hang them. That in it self,has made a big difference in feel and driving. Also added a Nixim rubber mod as well. I am now using an ECCI Trackstar 6000GS wheel and have the pedals as well but have not tried them out yet. I really do love my G25 pedals with the mods! And I have gone from the projector screen to using 3 Asus 24 monitors with a Matrox TH2GO setup. Will never go back to single screen!! Added 2 Buttkicker LFE,s with Buttkicker amp. It is BOMB!!! Now Iam ready to finalize my sim by getting SCN5 150mm actuators. I did not have the money this last year and was going to use wipers but got alittle discouraged with all that was involed with going with wiper motors. Now I have the funds and will go the best way IMO as well as the easiest way. I am very happy to see bvillersjr (Bernard) doing so well!! He is a Golden grail to this community and has been very very helpful in providing me with sound and smart information! Not to in any way! discredit anyone elses advice or coments,I take his advice at heart as being the right way to making our sims the best that they can be as well as safe and reliable. Sorry but had to be said LOL!! So, here is where Iam at ::::::

Attached Files: