1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

new wheel on the way

Discussion in 'Direct Drive Wheels' started by crammy, Jan 7, 2017.

1. bruce stephen

bruce stephen Hammer doesnt fix it, must be electrical

general contractor
    Balance:
    9,110Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,238 / 9 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform, 6DOF
    lol since i got my osw I have done very little oval racing. I never used to race roadcourses I dabbled a little when i went to motion but still did almost all oval. NOW...... I run very little oval and almost all road. I'm stuck on the dallara@mazda laguna seca in iracing. and the C6R@the RING on AC. The OSW has really closed the gaps for me as far as car control and wheel grip resolution. I get that connected to the road through the wheel feel that has been missing.
    • Like Like x 4
  2. crammy

crammy Active Member Gold Contributor

Fabrication
    Balance:
    4,633Coins
    Ratings:
    +326 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    SCN6, 4DOF
    rub it it about new cars why not lol. I cant drive them without paddles.

That +/- is the best ingame feature ever. it is so handy, im glad i asked. i would of kept exiting and going back in
    • Like Like x 1
  3. crammy

Fabrication
    Balance:
    4,633Coins
    Ratings:
    +326 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    SCN6, 4DOF
    im toying with the idea of iracing. I did have it a few years ago but my pc was crap so it wouldnt run. i logged on last night and they wont give me a discount. im hoping ill get a half price e-mail in the next couple of day, or ill just sign up with a different email
  4. bruce stephen

general contractor
    Balance:
    9,110Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,238 / 9 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    If you sign with a new email you loose any content you previously purchased. If you have to get the smallest subscription possible. Till an email or deal comes along. I get emails often. Also did you try calling them this may get you a discount if your nicey nicey.
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2017
  5. crammy

Fabrication
    Balance:
    4,633Coins
    Ratings:
    +326 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    SCN6, 4DOF
    i never purchased any content mate. i used to play gt5 on the ps3 with some mates but they also had pc's and said to try it. i paid for a month or 2 but couldnt get it to run properly as my pc was crap.
    is it worth getting to try as my pc is really good now? you dont seem to get much to start with.
  6. bruce stephen

general contractor
    Balance:
    9,110Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,238 / 9 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    IMO it's worth it. I mean it's really similar to AC (there are differences for sure). Where Iracings value lies to me is the extensive multiplayer racing. The rush from a restrictor plate race is crazy. Also they do 4 builds a year with patches in between this keeps things fresh and interesting. It really is a top notch sim. That said......
    It's expensive. The cars and tracks plus the annual cost of about $80(this is after deals and participation dollars). Also etiquette on the track at lower level races can be rough. There are wrecking drivers with terrible attitudes sometimes. Fortunately most are great. So in the end I guess try it out see if it's for you.

Oo Forgot to mention if you get the base game. when your downloading/updating be sure to check all content so it is downloaded or updated. Then you go to
  7. crammy

Fabrication
    Balance:
    4,633Coins
    Ratings:
    +326 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    SCN6, 4DOF
    thanks mate. ill probably give it a go next weekend then, ill do a month on my email and see how i get on and if i like it ill do 2 years half price on my work email
  8. bruce stephen

general contractor
    Balance:
    9,110Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,238 / 9 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    @crammy Oo Forgot to mention if you get the base game. when your downloading/updating be sure to check all content so it is downloaded or updated. Then you go to testdrive.iracing.com and you can drive any car on any track without owning it. It's just single player is all. But you can drive them all. :cool:
  9. crammy

Fabrication
    Balance:
    4,633Coins
    Ratings:
    +326 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    SCN6, 4DOF
    Thanks for that @bruce stephen. ill definatly do that. to be honest im normally only playing on my own practicing anyway so that's perfect.
  10. bruce stephen

general contractor
    Balance:
    9,110Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,238 / 9 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    correction i guess its only available when the main site is down........dumb
  11. crammy

Fabrication
    Balance:
    4,633Coins
    Ratings:
    +326 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    SCN6, 4DOF
    bugger. that would of been good. I would happily pay the membership, its just a shame on the cost of cars and tracks but ill still give it a go. Ill be happy with assetto this weekend. ive even gone back to triples as ive run out of usb ports having to use my shifter. ive got an inateck pci 4 usb to put in tomorrow so i can give it a go on the rift. Having this wheel and the difference it brings playing i'm actually really liking the triples, so god knows what it will be like in VR
    • Like Like x 1
  12. crammy

Fabrication
    Balance:
    4,633Coins
    Ratings:
    +326 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    SCN6, 4DOF
    that was a good night home alone. another activity that give blisters and arm ache while the Mrs is out :grin:grin
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  13. stevemontuno

stevemontuno Active Member

Balance:
    1,721Coins
    Ratings:
    +335 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    Nice one crammy ,,,, Good to hear your enjoying yourself mate :) , got everything setup here too now so i've been experimenting with mmos & granity settings all night lol ,,, but i'm liking this wheel alot ..

Hey @Nick Moxley those AC settings are sweet dude , added a few in game effect's too for the over exaggerated wheel effects ,,hehe
  14. Nick Moxley

Nick Moxley Well-Known Member

Owner/Operator- Moxleys Rantals
    Balance:
    17,054Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,504 / 30 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, DC motor, JRK
    Glad to hear, I tried a few general setups i found on the web including a more Iracing specific setup and Holy high Hell did it suck. Lol Im Very happy with my settings.
  15. Blame73

Blame73 Well-Known Member

Balance:
    8,255Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,106 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform
    You should stop posting about osw stuff!
    Or maybe I just should stop reading it... :sos

You guys work for OSW marketing and do it pretty well!!
    :D
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  16. crammy

Fabrication
    Balance:
    4,633Coins
    Ratings:
    +326 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    SCN6, 4DOF
    They really are that good though @Blame73 :) You really can play without motion and its still enjoyable. I used motion last night and was so engrossed in the wheel that i wasn't paying attention to it. Someone could've hit the e-stop and i probably would notice
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. crammy

Fabrication
    Balance:
    4,633Coins
    Ratings:
    +326 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    SCN6, 4DOF
    Nice @stevemontuno Im limited to certain cars on AC at the minute as i have no paddles, so i was using an old 911 and loved every minute of it. its amazing how much you can feel the effect and catch it when you lose the rear. I had a good go round spa drifting the bends. by no means am i an expert at it but i couldn't do it at all on my T500

Edit. i also have no handbrake at the minute due to no buttons so that will change things too.
  18. insanegr

insanegr !N$@n€

Balance:
    16,715Coins
    Ratings:
    +499 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    OSW wheel is a piece of S..t and the worse wheel for my sim:p.
    thats what i say to my self every time i say that i want one. dont know for how long this trick will hold on:think.
    @stevemontuno and @crammy have fun with your new toys guys:cheers
    @Nick Moxley and @bruce stephen thanks for sharing and helping with the OSW settings and info hug:
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. crammy

Fabrication
    Balance:
    4,633Coins
    Ratings:
    +326 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    SCN6, 4DOF
    If It wasn't for Nick Moxley my credit card would of taken a £4500 battering at bodnar by the time you add the motor clamp and mounts. I have saved £3300 including the wheel although i have got to get buttons and paddles so say another £500 but that is still one hell of a saving of £2800. The Bodnar purchase would of been one of those drunk buys which is a good idea at the time and i would of still enjoyed it, but not as much because in the back of my mind i would be calling myself a dick and thinking i've got to still pay for that lol. Looking at the reviews there is not much difference either.

Heres to @Nick Moxley and @bruce stephen :cheers
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. SilentChill

SilentChill Problem Maker

Railway Maintenance
    Balance:
    20,402Coins
    Ratings:
    +3,480 / 34 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform, 6DOF
    Well if I had of seen this thread a week a go I would of bought one straight from racingbay or simplicity Im getting excited just reading of the experience :D

Only about 2 or 3 weeks for me lol grrrrrrr
    • Like Like x 3