1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Question New SimTools 2.5.1 installation problems

Discussion in 'SimTools DIY Version' started by SteveH, May 26, 2021.

1. SteveH

SteveH New Member Gold Contributor

Retired electronics/programming design engineer
    Balance:
    59Coins
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Hi All,

I'm new to SimTools (but not to programming) and am trying to install latest pro version 2.5.1 on a win10 pro pc. Software installs ok (into default location and default settings), I have purchased and installed a valid licence, the latest net 4 is installed but I seem to be missing the default_interfaceplugin.dll (nothing shows in it's directory) which is causing error messages when starting the program, I can get past this but the program won't run properly of course.

I've looked through the forum and found a similar problem with an earlier version started by marki0816 but that solution does not work for me.

Has anyone a solution to this - possibly a pointer to download the missing dll ?

Thanks in advance.
  2. yobuddy

yobuddy Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator SimAxe Beta Tester SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    48,214Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,038 / 16 / -0
    Nothing at all?
    Should look like this:
    upload_2021-5-26_13-35-17.png

If not, i would reinstall SimTools.
    (you can install right over the top of the old one to fix this.)

I would suggest dissembling your AV while you install SimTools, just to make sure it gets installed correctly.
    Take care,
    yobuddy
  3. SteveH

Balance:
    59Coins
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Hi yobuddy,

Thanks for the quick reply. I've already tried uninstalling (using the win uninstaller and then manually deleting the directories in users, except licence dir) and reinstalling the prog in default and another directory, all times the interfaceplugins directory is completely empty. Will try installing as admin (notes do not mention this) then with av off (kaspersky). Let you know shortly - also I did download the ms flight sim plugin which loaded ok but I can't find where that was put.
  4. SteveH

Balance:
    59Coins
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Hi yobuddy again,

After a lot of install/uninstall on various computers I've managed to understand and solve my problem.

1) Simtools prefers to be installed in an admin level account (installing in a standard account with admin override will install some but not all files). It worked ok on this computer but I couldn't find the admin\AppData\Local... files

2) My antivirus (kaspersky) wasn't the problem, leaving it on/off had no effect

3) My computer is needing another clean install of win10 (I do a lot of programming that requires me to deliberately crash the system and eventually the gremlins sneak in) - my admin user group is not showing in explorer and when I force it to show it hides the apps dir.

4) Installing on another pc (laptop) still required to be in an admin account but everything works as it should

5) Copying the admin\AppData\Local... files in the laptop SimTools dir to this pc in my normal user account got everything working as it should (and there where way more dir's and files than originally installed at the start of play today)

So thanks for the pointer, now I can move on a step.

Note, I will be soon posting a program I wrote a while back for 6dof stewart platforms that lets the user just input the basic dims of the machine then animate it and find all the leg loads, extensions, motor specs etc - just got to rip out some comms links so it will run nicely without an actual machine.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. yobuddy

yobuddy Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator SimAxe Beta Tester SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    48,214Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,038 / 16 / -0
    Hi SteveH,
    Glad you got it working buddy.
    Sounds cool, I'm sure more than a few people here would love to check it out! :thumbs
    Take care,
    yobuddy