1. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Download Package Now!
  2. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  3. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant here. Do not following these rules will lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.

News New output possibilities for DCS

Discussion in 'Digital Combat Simulators (DCS)' started by RiftFlyer, Apr 28, 2017.

1. Trip Rodriguez

Trip Rodriguez VR Pilot

Balance:
    927Coins
    Ratings:
    +135 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    I too intend to add a fan setup to my simulator, especially now that I plan to buy the I-16 module next month which is open cockpit! I'm pretty excited for that one. [​IMG]

Way back when I first got my 6DOF sim moving I had a regular big box fan set up in front of the sim blowing wind in my face while I was flying an open cockpit biplane in P3D and I was surprised at how much it added. I tried it thinking it was a silly idea but it really was immersive.

@Zed Could you tell me how much you paid for the kit? PM me if it's inappropriate to post it here. Depending on price I might buy from him instead of getting everything separately. I want that to be a quick project so I can move on to the G-seat!
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: May 30, 2019
  2. Zed

Zed VR Simming w/Vive

Balance:
    4,349Coins
    Ratings:
    +755 / 3 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK
    Hey Trip, I don't find the e-mail trail and it's been a couple of years so I wouldn't want to give you the wrong number. I also traded some NIXIE tubes as part of the deal. He does have a thread about them on isrtv (https://www.isrtv.com/forums/topic/23623-complete-wind-simulators-and-kitsets-for-sale/) though. There is a last post from 3/10/19 asking if he is still making them with no reply as of yet. Not sure if he is still making them or not but they are well done. But also, everything is out there to just duplicate the design if he's not still making them or if you'd just rather build it yourself. When I bought it I was just looking at motion and effects and hadn't been exposed to it before. Once I worked through and even modified the code, it was no problem. Here's the build log: https://www.isrtv.com/forums/topic/23039-my-diy-wind-simulator/
  3. Trip Rodriguez

Trip Rodriguez VR Pilot

Balance:
    927Coins
    Ratings:
    +135 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Thanks Zed. If he doesn't turn up (or if the kit is more than I'd be willing to pay) I'll make them myself. I just don't want it to take too big a chunk out of my hobby time, the G-seat build is where I want that to go when summer is over.
  4. Historiker

Historiker Dramamine Adict Staff Member Moderator Gold Contributor

Teacher/Cabinet Maker
    Balance:
    9,435Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,730 / 12 / -1
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform, 6DOF
    The diy wind simulator is pretty easy to build, from cheap materials
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1