1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

New member here. Wants to build a seat mover.

Discussion in 'New users start here - FAQ' started by magaplask, Jan 28, 2014.

1. magaplask

magaplask My real race car

Balance:
    594Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, JRK
    Hello from cold norway. I hope my spelling errors dont upsets you. But i have a hard time writing in English.

I wanna buld a simple seat mover. I have looked att this tread

http://www.xsimulator.net/community/threads/eao-robbies-static-sim-to-seat-mover-conversion.4650/

and this tread http://www.xsimulator.net/community/threads/diy-2dof-seat-mover-with-big-motors.4683/ to get inspiration.

I hope you can give me some advice of my build.

I plan to use http://www.pololu.com/product/1393 Pololu jrk 12v12 borad..

Motors i will try to use is this one. http://www.ebay.com/itm/370915744975?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

I need single turn pots? Eaorobbie has stated that he used one. Do they have them at pololu? Or can somene give me a link to one that i can use?.

I hoped to collect the motors and borads first. I wil also order usb cable.. I plan to use a car battary and a charger to beginn with. Is it somesthing else hardware i need that i have missed that i need to get the motor and boars function together?
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2014
  2. value1

value1 Nerd SimAxe Beta Tester SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

Balance:
    14,462Coins
    Ratings:
    +3,318 / 11 / -1
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK, Joyrider
    Hi @magaplask

Sounds good. Add the steel work and a decent computer ;)
    You will need to mount cooling thingies on the big chips on the JRK's to keep them at reasonable temperatures with those motors, maybe a fan too. I think @bsft has posted some pics how to do that.
    Any 5-10k pot of good quality (for a few €) will be alright. Encapsulated Hall sensors are better according to some posts here.
  3. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  4. magaplask

magaplask My real race car

Balance:
    594Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, JRK
  5. value1

value1 Nerd SimAxe Beta Tester SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

Balance:
    14,462Coins
    Ratings:
    +3,318 / 11 / -1
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK, Joyrider
    (@bsft: this already *is* his new and own thread. I don't think there's need for another one…)
  6. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    sorry, didnt know