1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

New (low cost) unlimited xyz rotation motion simulator development platform

Discussion in 'Commercial Simulators and Peripherie' started by Martin Sanchez, Aug 21, 2018.

?

Do you guys think there is demand for a Low-cost, home-use,Unlimited XYZ rotation motion simulator?

1. Yes, there is a huge Demand because.....

66.7%
  2. No, not really because......

33.3%
  1. Martin Sanchez

Martin Sanchez 360 Degree 3DOF Motion Simulator Dev. Platform.

Balance:
    561Coins
    Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    Hello guys.
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. Martin Sanchez

Martin Sanchez 360 Degree 3DOF Motion Simulator Dev. Platform.

Balance:
    561Coins
    Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    The revolution has started; it's not a matter of "if", but a matter of "when". Can one teach a new trick to an old dog?
  3. PeterW

PeterW alias Wickie

Dipl. Ing. Mb (FH)
    Balance:
    1,619Coins
    Ratings:
    +366 / 3 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Hi Sanchez,
    its great to see your enthusiasm and strength to push your project! high respect from my side!
    One thing you should beware of is manufactoring costs. Your model looks great, but building this as a smooth and robust real scale simulator can be super super expensive.
    Have you already made a rude cost calculation?
    Do you intend to use your sim with a VR headset? Then motion sickness could be a huge problem in case the motion does not match exactly the vr (for this you would need surge, sway and heave).

Nevertheless I wish you all the best in your project.
  4. Thierry59191

Thierry59191 New Member

Balance:
    152Coins
    Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN5
    Hello Sanchez, your project is truly impressive. In the future I would like to carry out a project like yours but not necessarily with unlimited xyz movements because I find that it makes things extremely complex. Do you have an idea of the overall impact related to the hardware?
    In any case, good luck for the rest of the project :)