1. Hundreds of coffees, endless nights of debugging and coding, and countless feedback by our beta testers led to this new major release. SimTools 2.4 is probably the version with the most upgrades and improvements in a single release ever. Look at everything Dustin has included:
    SimTools 2.4 all features.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Download Package Now!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant here. Do not following these rules will lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.

New DIY 3DOF dynamic workstation project

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by Milani Fabio, Feb 27, 2019.

1. hannibal

hannibal Active Member

Balance:
    2,013Coins
    Ratings:
    +54 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    wow.. looks like your build is powered by nuclear reactor! nice design sir.. i like birds sounds in background
  2. Milani Fabio

Milani Fabio Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    390Coins
    Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Hannibal,
    The microphone of the smartphone is very sensitive and in the very small garage the sound is amplified .....
    I hadn't noticed the birds in backgound ...:grin
  3. Milani Fabio

Balance:
    390Coins
    Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    Hi guys, I'm back ...
    I burned a power supply and on advice I bought 2 Simukit power supplies, hoping they are more robust.
    I had to modify the case because the new power supplies were longer.
    33.jpg 41.jpg 44.jpg 45.jpg 42.jpg
  4. Milani Fabio

Balance:
    390Coins
    Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    I also added 2 resistors to be inserted in the second sabertooth even though it is only in the motor, perhaps it was the cause of the breakdown of the power supply.
    I had to make a support to raise the arduino board because there was no more space.
    48.jpg

Then I changed the power of the potentiometers, before 5V were taken from sabertooth, now they are taken by arduino.
    49.jpg

I also changed the position of the motors on sabertooth, now the otors 1 and 2 are on sabertooth 1 and the engine 3 on sabertooth 2.
    47.jpg
  5. Milani Fabio

Balance:
    390Coins
    Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    This is my definitive scheme.

Schema 3DOF Milani new 1_7.jpg
  6. Milani Fabio

Balance:
    390Coins
    Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    [media]

50.jpg

First test with simtootls.
    In Arduino I uploaded the sketch that Wanegain kindly gave me.
    Only the motor 2 works following the cursor movement in simtools test, the motor 1 and 3 continue to vibrate and do not follow the cursor movement.
    Can you help me .... Thanks