1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

New CAD section

Discussion in 'CAD / CAE - Outdated' started by egoexpress, Apr 11, 2007.

1. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    Hi

We want to implement 3D models of 2,3,4,6... DOF motion-simulators into the X-Sim software which are controlled by XYZ-output-data of the Force-Profiler.
    This is useful when you want to construct new simulator designs.
    With such a feature you could test your setup before you assemble/build it.

Therefor we are searching for people wich CAD and D3D programming skills.

Please note:

The formats have to be either VRML 1.0 or STL (Stereo Lithographie/StandardTriangulationLanguage or StandardTesselationLanguage).
    The drafts have to be 1:1 in millimeters.
    Important as well would be informations about the axes.

regards
  2. Alle

Alle Member

Balance:
    283Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Hi,

if needed I can realize 3D drawing with Autoc*d 2008 and export them in STL.

Alle
  3. sharky

sharky New Member

Balance:
    1Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i can make some drawings in inventor!
    ill make a 3D model of my sim (office chair modded) as soon as it is finished and working. it actually is already finished but i have problems with the electronics.
  4. sharky

sharky New Member

Balance:
    1Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i think that the formats are not good.

there are many dwg viewers so personally i would go for a dwg, dwfx format or a pdf. there are also the 3D pdfs to show a 3D model of the simulator. let me know

the dwfx can be seen on vista with the normal internet explorer, not sure about xp.. didnt test it yet.
    igor
  5. sharky

sharky New Member

Balance:
    1Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  6. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    your dl link to that page is available for registered members only.

Regards
    Christian
  7. j3st3r28

j3st3r28 New Member

Balance:
    2Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I know this thread is old but if you are still needing CAD persons, I am actually an Engineer, and CAD Manager. I can create you files from ProE, or Catia. Just thought I would throw it out there.
  8. MSK

MSK Member

Balance:
    53Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hello,

I dont know if you guys are still interested , but I have a CAD model of my Stewart Platform. My CAD software is CATIA. It is possible for export the PRODUCT to the formats that you guys need. Are you guys telling me that if I do that, I should be able to use that instead of the silly rocknride thing ?

MSK