1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

need some testing for vr fps.

Discussion in 'X-Plane' started by f1iceman, Jan 16, 2019.

1. f1iceman

f1iceman Why So Serious ? ( The Joker )

Balance:
    791Coins
    Ratings:
    +390 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, SCN5
    hi I have a long chat with a chap Preston Monreo About the vr and orbx true earth and vr in general with xplane being abit of a killer for clear look good fps.

now if possible I would like some guys on here if possible to do some more test for me with the nvidia driver 399.24.
    do a simple fly before and after changing the driver and let me know if anything has changed fps wise.

there was a sudden jump in fps on prestons sim rig and when i had gone thru what he had done to his the main difference was his driver, he was wondering why we all moan about fps as he was at high everything on xplane settings pulling 60fps average to 80fps in oculus rift with a supersample of either 1.3 or 1.5.

so rather than call the chap like alot have i guess i said anything is possible lets have alook so any way i did the exact same thing we had about the same system.
    i7 7700k 5.0ghz
    32gb ram
    gtx1080ti
    nvme 500gb drive

i flew out of east midlands brfoe driver change and was running 35 to 40 fps with less than high and 1.3ss
    so i matched his system.

xplane 11 highest setting except /reflections zero/antialssing x2 fxx ssaa.
    oculus 1.5 ss
    nvidia driver change to 399.24

ran again hit 60 tpo 70 fps instantly but had slight glitching, i have not set anything else up for nprioritys or anything to try get rid of the glitching.

when i flew out further it would jump to 90fps noproblem most of the times.

so atm i have not had much time to compare the situations graphics for graphics as i suspect something has to give but no doubt the setting look good and is nice clear view no jaggies.

this is without 3jfps aswell just x plane 11 and orbx south.
  2. ThomasChase

ThomasChase New Member

Balance:
    57Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, Motion platform
    So, in the world of VR development, what is the most important thing to keep in mind? FPS or Frames Per Second. That’s the number of times you can see your virtual world update per second. In a game with fast-paced action, such as a first-person shooter, this can be critical.
  3. ThomasChase

ThomasChase New Member

Balance:
    57Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, Motion platform
    So, in the world of VR development, what is the most important thing to keep in mind? FPS or Frames Per Second. That’s the number of times you can see your virtual world update per second. In a game with fast-paced action, such as a first-person shooter, this can be critical. The lower the framerate, the better the experience. FPS is a crucial variable to keep in mind while playing any type of VR game or experience. You can check it using this online platform for fps checking. In this way, you will know if your VR is ready for the game.
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  4. Michael G. Hughes

Michael G. Hughes New Member

Balance:
    58Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF
    I would like to add points about VR FPS. If you’re new to the VR world of gaming so you should know the term FPS. FPS can mean different things depending on the context. If you are discussing video game genres, FPS means First Person Shooter but if graphical performance is being discussed, FPS means Frames Per Second.
    Want to see your frames per second (FPS) in Games then you can go with the top tool fps tester where you can find your solutions very easily.