1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

My project 2DOF

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by Arielnac, May 19, 2019.

1. Arielnac

Arielnac Member

Balance:
    65Coins
    Ratings:
    +32 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    Hi. 75 RPM is fine. And there is probably an error in that data. By logic at lower RPM, more torque on the shaft for the same engine.

Attached Files:

2. Arielnac

Arielnac Member

Balance:
    65Coins
    Ratings:
    +32 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    I do not know if you can use the brake system with simtools. And the engine with brake system is higher price.
  3. iLLuac4

iLLuac4 Active Member

Balance:
    866Coins
    Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    I can see that but I am interested haw those engines will behave when they will work under load. Please report back when you will be so far.

TNX
  4. iLLuac4

iLLuac4 Active Member

Balance:
    866Coins
    Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    Hi. Have you already tested the motors under load?
  5. iLLuac4

iLLuac4 Active Member

Balance:
    866Coins
    Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
  6. Arielnac

Arielnac Member

Balance:
    65Coins
    Ratings:
    +32 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    Hi. I have done some tests trying to brake a 25cm lever on the shaft by hand. Has
    enough torque. Being the axis in neutral position it is impossible to move it. How much more force I make with my hand, faster the fan of the power supply works.
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2019
  7. Arielnac

Arielnac Member

Balance:
    65Coins
    Ratings:
    +32 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    It would seem that the IBT-2 works well since I do not think it is necessary to work the motors at 24V. At 18.5V, which is the minimum voltage of the power supplies, the motors already have sufficient power.
  8. iLLuac4

iLLuac4 Active Member

Balance:
    866Coins
    Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    TNX for info. I am still considering those motors. I hope you will mount them in the cockpit soon so we could get real time force behaviour.

TNX
  9. Arielnac

Arielnac Member

Balance:
    65Coins
    Ratings:
    +32 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    A test of both engines with simtools 2.4 which allowed me to learn its use to achieve the correct movements of the axes. Important to use the Tuning Center to determine the maximum and minimum. Next step assemble the platform.
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
  10. iLLuac4

iLLuac4 Active Member

Balance:
    866Coins
    Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    Nice. Can you write down the length of gt2 belt and specs of gt pulleys. TNX

P.S.: Oh I saw in the first post already mentioned. Only the bore is not mentioned used.
  11. iLLuac4

iLLuac4 Active Member

Balance:
    866Coins
    Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    I have find the pulleys. Have you modified the biggest one with 17mm hole and have used of the shelve one with 10mm bore?
  12. Arielnac

Arielnac Member

Balance:
    65Coins
    Ratings:
    +32 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    Hi. Yes, modified the biggest one with 17mm hole.
    The pulleys are 40 teeth and 20 teeth with a 200mm belt. The hall sensor is 360º. For a 180 ° sensor, another relationship must be used. I recommend 60 teeth pulleys with a 17mm hole and a 30 teeth pulley with a belt of about 240mm, or maybe 32 teeth to prevent the sensor from one full turn and go from 0 to 5v at a stroke, which would cause the motor shaft one full turn what could be dangerous. Caution with that. The axis limits must be adjusted appropriately with simtools. With the 40:20 pulleys adjust the limit by 90% and the shaft with a 162º use.
    In that sense, maybe a 180º sensor is better because it is impossible to go from 0 to 5v or from 5 to 0v suddenly.
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
  13. iLLuac4

iLLuac4 Active Member

Balance:
    866Coins
    Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    TNX for extended info. I have also purchased 360 hall since those you can get on ebay.
    I have noticed that the motors are not left and right, I thought that for wheel chair mount they are L and R model. Does this make it problematic to mount or are the mounts designed that way?

I hope you will soon report back your progress. I am still looking for a suitable joint nad shaft option for these motors but slowly getting there. I am interested how you willl solve the shafts :)
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2019
  14. Arielnac

Arielnac Member

Balance:
    65Coins
    Ratings:
    +32 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    The 360 ° sensor is fine. If you use a 40-tooth pulley you will have to file it by hand and there is little room for error. That's why I recommend 60 teeth that you get with a 17mm hole on Ebay. Yes. No engines come for left and right. It is used the same. There is no problem for your installation.
  15. Arielnac

Arielnac Member

Balance:
    65Coins
    Ratings:
    +32 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 8, 2020
  16. Arielnac

Arielnac Member

Balance:
    65Coins
    Ratings:
    +32 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    Here a new joint since the previous model had axial play.

Attached Files:

17. iLLuac4

iLLuac4 Active Member

Balance:
    866Coins
    Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    Hi. I have already got few item so I will slowly start designing my 2dof. This week I will order motors and I am still not sure how those will perform.
    Would you still buy those? Also a mounting seems a little problematic but I think I will managed it since I will use my GT2 sim-lab build with 8040 alu profiles.
    Have you localy purchase the new join? How mush have you pay for it?
    I am waiting for your progres with motors mounted on the seat.

TNX
  18. Arielnac

Arielnac Member

Balance:
    65Coins
    Ratings:
    +32 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    Hi. The U- joint it at a bearing shop in my city. They are two flanges type plate and a crosshead of 27 x 82 mm. I am putting together the structure in wood. Aluminum profiles are very expensive. The engines can be mounted very well. They are fixed with four 6mm screws.
  19. Arielnac

Arielnac Member

Balance:
    65Coins
    Ratings:
    +32 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    Hi. Here are some photos of the progress. Many things shown are provisional

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
  20. Arielnac

Arielnac Member

Balance:
    65Coins
    Ratings:
    +32 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    First test of the platform under construction. It still cannot climb because it is not stable enough until the steering wheel and the pedal support are well assembled.
    But leaning on the back of the chair really feels the power of the engines.

• Like Like x 3
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2019