1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

My new project

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by kaesarius, Nov 2, 2007.

1. kaesarius

kaesarius New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello guys...
    I'm from spain, i have been reading a lot of topics in this forum and now is time to start my new project.

I like so much the simforcegt ( like a frex).
    I have a lot of questions:
    i would like to do this project with lineal actuators (electrics), i believe that is easier than other systems.

1. how much force needs the actuators? (speed?)
    2. what interface need to control this actuators?
    3. how much costs all of this?

sorry, my english is very poor but i trying it.XD
    thanks and regards
  2. rainyroad

rainyroad New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi everybody,

I will be very happy if somebody answers the questions that our Spanish friend have asked.

All the best for everybody,

Ilyas from Turkey
  3. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    Hi Ilyas and kaesarius,

Welcome!
    Please excuse us, but its not that easy to answer the questions in few words.

We are working on the simforcegt, still. If you would ask some more specified questions, we could answer better perhaps.

For now Tronicgr DIY AVR interface is the way to go for electric actuators. The individual parts for it should cost round about 50Euro. But you have to solder it on your own.

There are plenty of actuators on the market. It depends on how much you are able to spend.
    We are trying to use automotive wiper motors, as they are cheap.

Keep follwing the project threads, and you will be updated.

Regards
    Christian
  4. rainyroad

rainyroad New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi Christian,

Thanks for your reply and kind interest. Soldering of parts isn't a problem so as you said we should keep following.
    To ask more specific questions we must know something and as we don't know much we have nothing to do but ask very simple questions. I know how busy you are and of course it is impossible to answer every question but I must say you're doing great. We can wait no problem.

So is it impossible to use Conrad Veleman K8055 interface card with electric actuators? What is the difference betweeen it and Tronic's?

Best Regards,
    Ilyas
  5. tronicgr

tronicgr

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi, Ilyas

Its possible to use Conrad Veleman K8055 interface card to move DC motors but it will be very slow on its update rate!! There is one that did that, Jim. Take a look on his page: http://www.jimspage.co.nz/

Just to mention that K8055 depends on the windows usb refresh rate that is around 20ms. This means that you can't send commands to it faster than 20ms! And all the calculations and driving is done from the computer!!!
    Just imagine what happens if your computer crashes! :steinigung:

My AVR motion controller interface on the other hand does all the calculations and driving of the motors independently from the computer in a cycle of 5ms and just receives the motion data from the computer when they are available...

Regards, Thanos
  6. rainyroad

rainyroad New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi Thanos,

Thanks for your reply. I clearly understand it now. Have you finished your AVR motion controller interface? How can we get one?
    Besides dc motors what is needed to run and control an electric motion simulator? Jarek has used tape-screw for the motion and his design looks compact so I'm thinking of using these screws but mines will be kind of a little different as they have some roller bearings. What do you think of tape-screw design?

Regards,
    Ilyas