1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Question My motion rig seems to soften/slow down mid-race - any ideas?

Discussion in 'Motor actuators and drivers' started by Michael Jeffries, Jan 6, 2020.

1. Michael Jeffries

Michael Jeffries Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    485Coins
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Motion platform, 4DOF
    I dont know if it's just the telemetry output from iRacing, or something mechanically happening from the AASD15A drivers, but there have been a few times mid race in iRacing where it seems like after I go over a large curb or have somwhat of a larger jolt, the motion seems to soften and slow down a bit.

Could this be something mechanical happening within the drivers themselves when a certain amount of torque is exceeded and it drops the output lower? Or could this just be how iRacing is sending the telemetry data?

It's not a significant amount of drop in the power that I'm feeling, so it could just be tire wear and such causing this, but i figured I'd ask in case the drivers are mechanically doing something to lower torque output.

Is there any way to check this? I was told to set the drivers to monitor dn005 which it says monitors the maximum instantaneous torque, which I'll try to do during my next race, but not sure if the max torque will stay on the drivers by the time I finish the race to see what it comes up with.
  2. RacingMat

RacingMat Well-Known Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    20,887Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,083 / 21 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    after a big curb, the power can go to default but it often stops completely in this case.
    it could be warmth that lower the motor's specification (demagnetization)
    or probably an overheating of the driver

please post some pics of your simrig! Do you have radiator and fan above your driver?