1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

My first plugin....

Discussion in 'SimTools Plugins' started by James Lebero, Sep 13, 2019.

1. James Lebero

James Lebero New Member

Engineer E-MOTION
    Balance:
    227Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, AC motor, SCN5, SCN6, Arduino
    Hi,

I am creating my first game plugin and I have problems because it fails to do patching. It is a jet ski game that does not have an installation folder but it is an executable file.
    Although I have read the manual I have some doubts, what is the patch for? Without patching is it possible to transmit UDP data to Game Manager?
    Why do some games need patching and some don't? Is this defined within the plugin?
    I do not get the virtual axes to move or connect the Game Manager module of blue color I think it is a problem of patching. The folder where it is not valid and a message "You Must first INstall and run the Game Once Prior ....."
    Can you help me with your experience?

Thanks a lot!!
    James
  2. yobuddy

yobuddy Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator SimAxe Beta Tester SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    47,907Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,027 / 16 / -0
  3. James Lebero

James Lebero New Member

Engineer E-MOTION
    Balance:
    227Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    [QUOTE = "yobuddy, post: 184635, member: 72"] El parche es para cuando necesitas editar un archivo de juego para habilitar la telemetría para el usuario.
    Echa un vistazo a este hilo.
    https://www.xsimulator.net/communit...2-0-api-documentation.9107/page-5#post-184630
    Este mismo complemento editado e instrucciones deberían ayudarlo a comenzar.
    ¡Cuídate!
    yobuddy [/ CITA]
    Please Yobuddy. I'm having trouble detecting game telemetry. Although he recognizes the game running. How can I know if telemetry variables arrive?

Tengo una duda, en el juego, el paquete de telemetría incluye cadenas como el nombre de la pista o el piloto delimitado con 0. ¿Esto puede ver un error para que el administrador del juego del complemento reconozca correctamente los valores de rollo, etc.?
    Thanks
    James
  4. James Lebero

James Lebero New Member

Engineer E-MOTION
    Balance:
    227Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    [QUOTE = "James Lebero, post: 184874, miembro: 34414"] [QUOTE = "yobuddy, post: 184635, miembro: 72"] El parche es para cuando necesitas editar un archivo de juego para activar la telemetría para el usuario.
    Echa un vistazo a este hilo.
    https://www.xsimulator.net/communit...2-0-api-documentation.9107/page-5#post-184630
    Este mismo complemento editado e instrucciones complementarias ayudarlo a comenzar.
    ¡Cuídate!
    yobuddy [/ CITA]
    Por favor, Yobuddy. Tengo problemas para detectar la telemetría del juego. Aunque reconoce que el juego se está ejecutando. ¿Cómo puedo saber si llegan las variables de telemetría?

Tengo una duda, en el juego, el paquete de telemetría incluye cadenas como el nombre de la pista o el piloto delimitado con 0. ¿Esto puede ver un error para que el administrador del juego del complemento reconozca correctamente los valores de rollo, etc.?
    Thanks
    James[/QUOTE]
    Please Yobuddy I have trouble detecting the telemetry of the game. Although he acknowledges that the game is running. How can I know if telemetry variables arrive?
    I have a doubt, in the game, the telemetry package includes string ™ as the name of the track or the pilot delimited with 0. Can this see an error for the complement game administrator to correctly recognize the roll values, etc. . ?
    Thank you
    James
  5. James Lebero

James Lebero New Member

Engineer E-MOTION
    Balance:
    227Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Please Yobuddy I have trouble detecting the telemetry of the game. Although he acknowledges that the game is running. How can I know if telemetry variables arrive?
    I have a doubt, in the game, the telemetry package includes string ™ as the name of the track or the pilot delimited with 0. Can this see an error for the complement game administrator to correctly recognize the roll values, etc. . ?
    Thank you
    James
  6. yobuddy

yobuddy Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator SimAxe Beta Tester SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    47,907Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,027 / 16 / -0
    You can open the tuning center in game engine and see if the data is arriving as it should be.
    If not, then I would build a test app that catches the data correctly.
    Then simply copy and paste the needed code into the plugin.
    Take care!
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. James Lebero

James Lebero New Member

Engineer E-MOTION
    Balance:
    227Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:

James[/QUOTE]
    I can't find the reason for not reading the telemetry, the values that appear to me in Tuning Center color blue when connected to the game are 0.
    Please when you collect udp packets it is possible for the packet to be cut earlier because it has 0, our package is 273bt instead in Dirt pluggin is much smaller.
  8. James Lebero

James Lebero New Member

Engineer E-MOTION
    Balance:
    227Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:

Hi Yobuddy, I m very happy

We have already managed to send telemetry and see the virtual axes in motion.
    Now we need to have access to other variables such as speed, rpm, gears, and some more that sends the pluggin. We have a tablet with a copkit and we need those unmodified pure variables, how can we send and extract those variables from the Dash to use in our application?

Thanks Master!
    James
    • Like Like x 1