1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

My first 2DOF seatmover project

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by Godslayer, Apr 3, 2015.

1. michto35

michto35 Member

Balance:
    102Coins
    Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    thanks for the sharing, very good job :thumbs
  2. Pit

Pit - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Gold Contributor

Balance:
    30,416Coins
    Ratings:
    +3,088 / 31 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, Arduino, 6DOF
    You can't scale the pots - Ardunio reads 256 different positions of the potentiometer. If you use much less positions (eg. only one turn of a 10 turn pot) you have less positions for the needed turn, which makes the turn jerky (big steps between the positions). Therefore you should use nearly the complete bandwidth of your pot.
  3. Godslayer

Godslayer New Member

Balance:
    483Coins
    Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor
    Okay, thanks for that info @Pit
    I already refitted the set of cheap chinese pots, got to play Project Cars tonight :thumbs

@Pit your project is really awesome, when I'm done with all the fiddling and everything works as I want it to in my humble little Sim, then the next step will be a conversion to the same winches that you're using on your Sim, they're pretty impressive :thumbs
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. alexis67

alexis67 Member

Balance:
    288Coins
    Ratings:
    +38 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
  5. francky foor

francky foor Member

Balance:
    347Coins
    Ratings:
    +19 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN6
  6. Godslayer

Godslayer New Member

Balance:
    483Coins
    Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor
    Thanks @alexis67 and @francky foor :thumbs

Okay, there is a change of plans for my sim, after it needed 2 small repairs on the connection between motor and lever I decided to not wait any longer and go the winch route.
    As long as I don't weld the connection, it won't hold for long, so gotta stop bothering and do it big :thumbs:D