1. Hundreds of coffees, endless nights of debugging and coding, and countless feedback by our beta testers led to this new major release. SimTools 2.4 is probably the version with the most upgrades and improvements in a single release ever. Look at everything Dustin has included:
    SimTools 2.4 all features.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Download Package Now!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant here. Do not following these rules will lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.

Showroom My 3 DOF first time project

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by Petemnz, Sep 12, 2019 at 10:01.

1. Petemnz

Petemnz New Member

Balance:
    26Coins
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    After reading thru this site I decided to build my own. Settled on a design with the motors driving under the seat front. Build as 2 DOF first and add rear slider at a later stage.
    Parts list so far

Design 3 DOF front of seat and rear slider DIY
    Software Assetto Corsa 1 $ 25
    Motors AU motion dynamics - CA PGSAW- NZ 2 $400
    Universal Used car universal 50
    Steel 20 x 20 x 1.6 box 25x25x3 angle AL thread plate 12m $ 440
    10k pots ebay $3
    Arduino UNO ebay $6
    Motor drivers Monster Moto Shield VNH2SP30 14a + Heat sink $22
    power supplies DPS 1200FBA 100A HP $80
    PC AMD 6 core AMD graphics card $280
    Seat Used car seat MR2 free
    wheel Thrustmaster T150RS PRO Racing Wheel $350
    pedals Thrustmaster 3 pedal $60
    shifter G29 with usb mod $40
    10mm thread rod M10
    Swivels M10 rod ends $ 4
    M8 nuts bolts $20
    M10 rod ends 4 Banggood $20

IMG_2503.JPG IMG_2501.JPG IMG_2505.JPG IMG_2510.JPG
    • Like Like x 4
  2. Petemnz

Petemnz New Member

Balance:
    26Coins
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    Went to the wreckers today and removed a drive shaft from a 3 series BMW for my universal - cut to size with hacksaw and welded to steel plate from local hardware store (Bunnings). photo's show trial position , need a hand to find balance point.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3