1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Music for Simulators.

Discussion in 'DIY peripherals' started by Fahim, Dec 21, 2008.

1. Fahim

Fahim Member

Balance:
    245Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Dear sirs,

Some people (maybe not many) like to listen to music when the drive. Can make them relax, get them to do endurance races without getting bored.

They can maybe put this under thier wheel. This way is better because people with 5.1 surround can listen to thier sound of thier engine and listen to music with external speakers so engine noise is separate.

I know real racing cars do not have MP3/audio head units but maybe for a game like Live for Speed it is okay. (gt5 pro)

Requirments:

2 speakers (6ohms) Any car speakers.
    13.8v power supply 15amp: You can buy these for about £40 english pounds.
    Car head unit.

Attached Files:

2. RaceRay

RaceRay Administrator Staff Member SimAxe Beta Tester

Self-employed | Web and application development
    Balance:
    23,840Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,968 / 13 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, SimAxe, SimforceGT
    Hi,

why so complicated? Just play your favourite mp3 with your mediaplayer, start your game in window mode, so you can use the ingame volume mixer and the windows volumemixer together to find the balance between your mediaplayer mp3 music and the ingame sounds.

Today, it should not be a problem of cpu power to play a game and listen to a mp3 at the same time.

Maybe i missunderstood your intention of sugestion?

regards, RaceRay
  3. Fahim

Fahim Member

Balance:
    245Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Dear sirs,

I thought if people had a head unit under thier g25 wheel. Maybe it seem like a real car.

Novalty factor. Gimmic.
    I know it sounds stupid but some people may like the idea of having a car head unit in thier cockpit.
  4. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    Nice idea for those who are using a real car cockpit from the junkyard :thbup:
  5. RaceRay

RaceRay Administrator Staff Member SimAxe Beta Tester

Self-employed | Web and application development
    Balance:
    23,840Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,968 / 13 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, SimAxe, SimforceGT
    Hi Fahim,

every sugestion is welcome and it doesnt sound stupid :) As a gimmic feature,it would be a nice idea, offcourse !

regards, rené
  6. Fahim

Fahim Member

Balance:
    245Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Dear sirs,

I have attached picture. Any head unit fit exactly between two g25 table connectors, which means you can have the head unit flush to g25.

Kind Regards.

Attached Files: