1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Multi-functional 6dof platform available in The Netherlands

Discussion in 'Marketspace - Marktplatz' started by 5natural5, Apr 26, 2019.

Tags:
  1. 5natural5

5natural5 New Member

Balance:
    208Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Dear fellow Sim enthousiasts,

After three years of designing, engineering and countless hours of flying, racing and driving, I unfortunately have to let go of my 6-DOF simulator. My wife and I are expecting our first child, so we need the space.

It's an all stainless-steel base with motor supports, aluminum top, six very powerful motors and strong power supplies. All steel and aluminum components were custom made. The six motors have a lot of power. The DC motors produce 1.1 HP each and due to the 90:1 gearbox they have a lot of torque. For racing games where an abrupt stop is possible due to a crash, the seatbelt is good to have:). Flying games such as DCS and flight simulator are amazing. The sim also runs on family friendly games such as No Limits Rollercoaster.

The whole rig can be taken apart within 30 minutes and it can be transported in a small van. It is really easy to expand on the motion simulator by adding different joysticks, steering wheels, pedals, so I think that it is fun to have whether you like to just use it for games or do some engineering.

Everything works perfectly. With simtools it's plug-and-play. There's a seat attached on the top with a DCS A10 joystick, and an A10 throttle (not shown in the picture) to the left and rudder pedals (not shown in the picture) but this can be easily swapped for other controllers/seats. It is easy to put car pedals or a car steering wheel on the simulator. The "footprint" of the platform is approximately 1.15m in diameter (so it will fit almost anywhere).

My simulator was created with VR in mind and it works great with both Oculus Rift and HTC Vive. It works equally well with a beamer projecting an image on a wall. I have not created a mount for a monitor on the rig, but this could be done without a problem; though I will always prefer VR personally on motion rigs.

Regarding price: The rig cost me €5260 in materials to build (all receipts available). I'm open to negotionaton. I was thinking between 45%-50% of initial cost. Send me a PM to discuss and I'm sure we'll figure something out. I think this is a great way to get a working 6dof platform with plenty of expansion options. So this is interesting to DIY engineers and final users alike.

Kind regards,

Thomas

Ps. I live in Rotterdam, the Netherlands.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2019
  2. RaceRay

RaceRay Administrator Staff Member SimAxe Beta Tester

Self-employed | Web and application development
    Balance:
    23,840Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,968 / 13 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, SimAxe, SimforceGT
    I wish you great success. This is a very fair price.

Love the pitch pine floor:)
  3. 5natural5

5natural5 New Member

Balance:
    208Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Thank you Ray! I'm sure I will make someone happy with this rig.
  4. chopperdoc

chopperdoc New Member

Balance:
    - 4Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Did you sell this yet? I am in the US. I Will pay your price.