1. This Software is no longer supported by us. Please download the new motion control software SimTools.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  4. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  5. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Multi-Core PC and X-sim Sender/Profiler

Discussion in 'Force-Profiler Simulator Control' started by R-eng, Aug 11, 2008.

1. R-eng

R-eng Member

Balance:
    28Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm using a single PC to run the game and X-sim. The video and gameplay is very choppy and not fluid. I reduced all game effects to minimal , which helped only a very little bit. I have an AMD 64 x2 4200, with ATI Radeon X1600 pro (512mb), 3gb ram, OS= XP3. All superflous processes and apps are stopped during use of rFactor and X-sim. This will not be the actual PC I will use in the end, but I was very surprised at the deteriorated performance...really, unplayable! Does X-sim automatically set itself to use one core for itself and the other for the game? Particular settings in the Registry? Or is there a method whereby I manually have to configure the PC/XP to accomplish this? Suggestions very welcome!

Regards, R-eng
  2. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    Just for a comparison.
    Recently I have a way slower single core Pentium pc, but which uses hyperthreading, which is a kind of software multicore. And I dont have any probs with performance lost while the Profiler is active.

The Profiler1, which you are using, does not manage the processor tasks, so you have to assign the Profiler to a second thread manually. Afaik you can do this in the Win taskmanager. As well there are little applications to manage processor treads available as well (e.g Seesaw or Seesaw pro).

Regards
    Christian