1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Mr Burn's simulator

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by Mr Burns, Oct 17, 2008.

1. Shanman99

Shanman99 New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Where did you obtain all of your alum t framin. Im in va and would like to order some. Great pics by the way
  2. Mr Burns

Mr Burns New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  3. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    Are you using Vista? And did yuo ever manage to get X-Sim 2.0 to recognize your SCN5's? For an update on my progress, you can read the last 2-3 pages of the SCN5 hardware post. To make a long story short, I haven't been successful yet, but have rearned alot. I'm now waiting on some parts to continue testing.
  4. Mr Burns

Mr Burns New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    No, no Vista, I sent the 232 adpters to sirnoname on friday, he should be able to investigate what's going on.
  5. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    I think I remembered you saying that you didnt connect the kill switch wire? If so, this would cause the SCN5 not to show up in the interfaces section. This pin requires 24v, which I learned the hard way. :D
  6. Mr Burns

Mr Burns New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yes, no killswitch, I think i posted that the first time, the diagram didn't show that it was required and I didn't have any buttons to use. I have been gone for 4 days and have been reading kinda in-between places I stayed at. I'll try that once I get another set of adapters or sirnoname might get the ones I sent first.
  7. Mr Burns

Mr Burns New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Some videos I made with Gtr Evolution

Left side low.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxknUxnDq4I

Back low.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTjdnaU2gtc

Right side low.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dO09NJgksuA

Back high.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-09MiM3x9Y

Right high.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1puoQoaCl68
  8. njracer

njracer Member

Balance:
    2Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    are you playing in 3d? how is that?
  9. Mr Burns

Mr Burns New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It's very nice, like driving a real car, but you need a lot of video power because it cuts the frame rate in 2 (since it has to render 2 views, one for each eye). I can't drive in normal 3d anymore, can't tell where to road goes. :lol:

10. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    Congrats! :clap:

Hefty profile you are using there :D

I wonder how SCM owners rate the movements in comparance to their setup.

However, you should add a seatbelt to translate the seat-movements better your body. As well a racing seat with shoulder support would be a great improvement to feel the actuator movements more intense.

Regards
    Christian
  11. Mr Burns

Mr Burns New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The seat doesn't have anything to connect a seatbelt. I would have to find a way to connect it. A bucket seat would be better of course, and lighter. But I wasn't able to find anything cheap, they seem to be very expensive, even used.

The profile used is bvillerjr's. I guess it is a little on the strong side :D

12. tronicgr

tronicgr

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Very nice!!!! I like the way you placed the camera to various angles... :thbup:

I guess Frex owners can't tell now they have the leading in quality of motion anymore!!! And with x-sim any game (with a little effort) can be used, not only the few that frex decide to support!

Looking at it, makes me wonder If I could ever reach this quality of motion (very fast reaction) with DC motors...

Regards, Thanos
  13. Mr Burns

Mr Burns New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yes, I don't see how Frex is a viable alternative now that everybody can make their own and don't even have to use aluminum, plus it works with everything you want to get it to work with, such as Richard Burns Rally and Nascar 2003, something frex users have been asking for years for and still nothing.
    Maybe in the assembly quality it is better, but if you can drill 4 holes straight (unlike me) it should not be a problem either :eek:

14. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    Actually RBR support isnt worked out yet. Though some gauge outputs are supoorted, the g-force data is missing still.
    KadaCZ worked on it, but he didnt posted any progress for long time...
  15. Mr Burns

Mr Burns New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I was talking to sirnoname about it and he was saying that RBR is final (no more patches) and he will look to add it.
  16. jimiTES

jimiTES New Member

Balance:
    - 45Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello just started posting here today. I´m starting my project and all your pics make me it much easier. And now with RBR that will be avaliable soon much more motivation!.

Will post pics when the frame is done
  17. Mr Burns

Mr Burns New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    There's no timeline, but it is possible to make it work even yourself if that's what you really want.

18. njracer

njracer Member

Balance:
    2Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hey i noticed that in one of your videos that the seat was moving with the car as opposed to against it as if you were fighting the g-forces. can you reverse the effect through the software so that when you turn into a right hander the seat will go left? thanks
  19. Fahim

Fahim Member

Balance:
    245Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I noticed something strange too.
    As Mr Burns turns right the seat was tilting right when it should tilt left. And when driver turned left seat would follow suit when it should be opposite to create real life force.

Can someone confirm I have seen wrong?

Kind Regards.
  20. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    Yes, it is inverted in the video.