1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

News Motion compensation Rumble packs Noise

Discussion in 'Ready, set, go - Start your engines' started by Anthony Morris, Jul 3, 2019.

1. Anthony Morris

Anthony Morris Member Gold Contributor

Multi trade
    Balance:
    37Coins
    Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    So plenty of peps have had probs wit noise from rumble packs messing up and packing up motion comp. I really have worked this over. The set up I have now is fantastic its super light weight so no after wobble at all and even with ALOT of rumble absolute NO noise at all because of the patent pending (jok) design its easy to retrieve the controller for other pursuits.
    Pic. 1. This is 2 foam strips cut from 'Oypla Large Multi-Purpose Safety EVA Floor Mat Play Garage Gym Matting' available from amazon. I use this to stop the rig walking on the carpet. The mess between the 2 strips is from a previous design. The strips are 25mm apart and sit into the gel bag.
    20190702_124232.jpg

Pic. 2. The same foam mat again moulded around controller I have used super glue at the ends as I've wrapped it around not to firm or the controller won't move and wrap plastic around the controller so you don't get glue on it. As you fashion the foam around you need to trim the inside edge at an angle so you can add more of a cone shape tapered to the bottom of the controller and pre cut slots for the trigger you can trim it up more after gluing into shape don't over do the taper or it will squeeze the 'grips' on the controller.
    20190702_145423.jpg

Pic. 3. I've mounted the controller frame using 4mm elastic bungie its done up very tight so I've made sure it digs into the gel pack.
    20190702_145458.jpg

Pic. 4. I've cut the bracket off 2 rain water pipe clips drilled 2 holes either side to loop the elastic over the top this stops the holder from collapsing and sliding off into a pile on the floor.
    20190702_145523.jpg

Any other solutions stick the idea here for the good peps (sent with slam effect)
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2019
  2. Trip Rodriguez

Trip Rodriguez VR Pilot

Balance:
    3,920Coins
    Ratings:
    +330 / 6 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Interesting approach. Thanks for posting.