1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Most realistic style for racing sim.

Discussion in 'New users start here - FAQ' started by iluvspd, Jan 7, 2009.

1. iluvspd

iluvspd New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I just recently found this amazing site and have searched for an answer. Before I dive in to building I need help with which style to choose.

So, which style, FREX based or Joyrider based, produces the most realistic sensation to driving. It would be great if someone that has tried BOTH would give their opinion!

Thanks!
  2. jams002

jams002 New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    what do you mean of realistic style??

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    The Frex based simulator is able to make very fast movements, which is good for racing simulators. But it has a very limited movement range.

The Joyrider is able to give massive g-force feelings due to its wider movement range, but due to the higher mass inertia and movement range of the whole system it is not able to drive as fast as the Frex based simulator from one acutators endstop to the other. As well rumble effects and high impacts will not be played back that well as with the Frex based simulator.
    Thats why I rather would recommend you the joyrider if you want to play flight sims as well.

Imho there is not system that is superior to the other. Its more a question of preferrences. And your budget of course...

Regards