1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Modding camera files in F1 2010

Discussion in 'Archived information' started by bleco, Sep 22, 2010.

1. ledfoot

ledfoot Member

IT Manager
    Balance:
    21Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I get 45-60 during game play using dx9 and 36-50 using dx11. All setting are on high and 4xAA.

....Mike
  2. ledfoot

ledfoot Member

IT Manager
    Balance:
    21Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Hi Bleco,

I tested your 2 latest camera files and I don't like the Ferrari one because it feels like I'm sitting on top of the air intake....LOL

The Williams view is great and gives the best feeling of speed and realism of all the views I've used so far. The only things I don't like are the side mirrors are too far back with this FOV and the center point on the car is a little distracting as it feels like it's right up in your face at times but once you get used to it, I think this FOV enhances the experience. I will post a video of this view shortly for comments.

...Mike
  3. Fahim

Fahim Member

Balance:
    245Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I suppose your the wrong guys to ask because your running triple screen setups. I say this because if you was running one screen with your setups your FPS would be maybe double.
  4. bleco

bleco Member Gold Contributor

IT Problem Coordinator
    Balance:
    258Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Cool for the vids ... and at least you enjoyed 1 of the cams. I am constantly modding these cams and it's very time-consuming and not very user friendly... I will try a couple more tests but I think that this game was just not meant to be played on 3x monitor setups and I may get back to Iracing very fast ... I tried to set the cam so that we don't see or barely see the front of the car but did not find a way yet ...

Bleco
  5. ledfoot

ledfoot Member

IT Manager
    Balance:
    21Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    This game is definitely not a replacement for iRacing from a physics and FOV perspective. I'm just trying to enjoy it for what it is and hopefully either Code Masters or the modding community will improve the physics over time.

It's a shame that CM did not build proper triple screen support into their sim since triple screen gaming is gaining popularity. I certainly hope ISI is not so short sighted with rFactor 2.

....Mike
  6. bleco

IT Problem Coordinator
    Balance:
    258Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I also don t understand this ... Since also that dirt2 was the game being promoted with eyefinity when it was first released... I am still having a great time playing this game but I would have loved an adjustable in game camera. Maybe something will be released by the community like you say. There was supposed to be a tool released for dirt2 but I think the author decided to stop working on it. ISI rF2 will certainly be an important release for sim racing community. Hope they release it this year...

Bleco
  7. ledfoot

ledfoot Member

IT Manager
    Balance:
    21Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I certainly hope ISI releases it this year as well and I'm really looking forward to the iRacing Williams F1 in November.

I haven't compared the camera files that you uploaded yet but what were the settings that you changed to get to the FOV in the Williams. Looks like you moved the FOV much closer but did you also adjust the vertical camera as well?

...Mike
  8. MasterYoda

MasterYoda Active Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    322Coins
    Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN5
    Re: Xsim compatible with f1 2010 BY codemasters

I see what you mean.
    You are talking about raising the cam.
    I actually have lowered it a bit, my main issue was the narrow FOV, as soon as I got it fixed, I could lower the can and still drive properly.
    I was getting dizzy with the original cockpit cam! :(
  9. bleco

IT Problem Coordinator
    Balance:
    258Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Using the first file I shared for Ferrari looks and feel very good on the other cars... Only the FOV value was set to 41.0000

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Will stick with this one I think for now even if it needs a little adjustment on certain cars... I tried all sort of combinaisons and now I want to play this game!! I spend all my time modding it and I dont' play!! Same thing happened with NFS Shift!

@ Ledfoot : Essentially I play with the FOV value, x-y-z positions and tilt.
    I also can't wait for the Williams F1 in Iracing!!

Bleco

Attached Files:

10. ledfoot

ledfoot Member

IT Manager
    Balance:
    21Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Thanks. I reviewed the williams file and saw the changes. I played around with the FOV and seat position y value until I found what I like.

This file has a FOV of 38 and a slightly lowered seat position than your williams.xml file.

I'm been modding as well and not playing half as much I want to so I'm also going to stick with this cameral for all cars for the time being and start my F1 career :).

Thanks for the help.

....Mike

cameras.xml
  11. ledfoot

ledfoot Member

IT Manager
    Balance:
    21Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Here are some videos that I just uploaded showing a race at Suzuka in dry weather and rain. I have dx11 enabled in both of these videos as well as the FOV set to 38. These settings give a great sense of speed and immersion in both dry and wet weather.

You can also see the rear traction loss of the SimXperience Stage IV platform in effect. On the wet track video, I was purposely hard on the throttle so that I could spin out around corners and show how the rear traction loss reacts.

Aplogies for the low quality vid. These were taken with my Nikon D90 since I haven't received my HD video camera yet :)

....Mike

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSVd1zUdHw4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGig9DpwMjw
  12. Frakk

Frakk Active Member

Balance:
    328Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Great videos, even better setup! :)

The RTL module seems to be great fun. Any chance you could record a drifting session?
    :cheers:
  13. bleco

IT Problem Coordinator
    Balance:
    258Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Great vids Mike ...

guess what ... I worked on another cam mod until 2:30am yesterday and did not even play!!

Here is a small preview vid showing my lattest cam mod adjusted for triple screens setups ...

Cockpit shake effects and accel/braking dynamic FOV... 8)

Still need to work on it but so far the feeling is great and very immersive and this FOV is by far the best I have created.

Bleco
  14. ledfoot

ledfoot Member

IT Manager
    Balance:
    21Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    lol. I didn't really notice that :). I don't see any options for enabling that. Maybe something that CM overlooked.

@Frakk

Yes, the RTL is a lot of fun and also works well in DIRT 2. The purpose of the traction loss module it to help simulate when you lose the rear end of the car but because of the limited travel of the actuator, it isn't really designed to simulate full drifting as this would require far more travel than available.

@Bleco,

Very nice job on the camera file. Send it over and I'll test it for you :).

....Mike
  15. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    I agree. Good FOV including mirrors and no girafe view :thbup:
  16. splendiddd

splendiddd Active Member

CCTV security
    Balance:
    807Coins
    Ratings:
    +62 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, Arduino, Motion platform
    I was wondering if anyone knows how to remove the shaking in cockpit view. witch values to change...
  17. splendiddd

splendiddd Active Member

CCTV security
    Balance:
    807Coins
    Ratings:
    +62 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    No one knows?
    :(

Also what is the speed value in the profiler?

Thanks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blC_j59GEvM
  18. splendiddd

splendiddd Active Member

CCTV security
    Balance:
    807Coins
    Ratings:
    +62 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Okay i found it:

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads ... -fix-3200/

But after testing, the default head movement is fine.

For the guys with triple screens, the update jerks up the menu's, however the FPS have a major boost :D
    I use alt-enter to see the whole screen in window mode for using the menu's same to go back, works great.
    :)
  19. jgoffline

jgoffline New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My situation is different, I'm building a f1 simulator with a F1 body, the LCD screens are in the middle of the body nose.
    How I do to make a image in continue with a F1 bodynose?
    watch the video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-D_WtXLxXA&feature=player_embedded#
  20. MasterYoda

MasterYoda Active Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    322Coins
    Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN5
    The sim show is rFactor, F1 2010 does not have the exactly same cameras than rF.
    However, you can try amont the camera modes and then move your camera position forward or aft (editing the cam XML files) and see what you get.
    It is a trial and error method.

I would suggest you use rF or iRacing as for the base game for your F1 sim! :)