1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

MMG Simdisp7x

Discussion in 'XSimulator Q&A/FAQs - Outdated' started by viper221w, Apr 26, 2009.

1. viper221w

viper221w New Member

Technical Architect for Accenture
    Balance:
    333Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hi,

I recently got my MMG Simdisp7x and fitted it to my M25. I am finding when I run Profiler and then launch rfactor with the simdisp7x attached it's crashing rfactor. When I launch rfactor by itself it launches fine. The simdisp7x use com 5 so I am wondering if profiler has some control over the com ports. I disabled all the plugins bar scnserial.

Any ideas?

for the time being I have to launch the game and then alt tab and then launch profiler2, that works then!
  2. viper221w

viper221w New Member

Balance:
    333Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    starting the gameand it only happens when you have the simdisp7x connected and profiler open. I think somehow profiler is trying to control com 5 which is used by simdisp7x. The scnserial are using com 3 and com 4.
  3. viper221w

viper221w New Member

Balance:
    333Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i have the x-sim plugin along with others and the simdisp7x plugin loaded. The only new plugin is for the simdisp7x, it always ran fine before and simdisp7x runs fine if you don't start profiler.
  4. njracer

njracer Member

Balance:
    2Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i'm getting the same things, whenever i try to launch rfactor with the simRdisplay it crashes while loading up. i take it out, the game launches fine. if i remove the trackir plugin and put the simRdisplay back in it still crashes. any ideas sirnoname?? i can send you the plugin if you like??

thanks
    dave
  5. njracer

njracer Member

Balance:
    2Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    pm sent with the plugin

dave
  6. njracer

njracer Member

Balance:
    2Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    do you think its at all possible to just run this thing off of xsim software?? it would be a lot better as it would work with all the games already. unfortunately, not only do i not know if this is possible, but i don't know how i would get it to work. any ideas or even confirmation that this could work?

dave
  7. pointer4

pointer4 New Member

Balance:
    296Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    This was my problem though, with the BU0710 outgauge under rFactor. X-sim works only, when i remove the outgauge dll from the plugin folder. Under LFS, I had to change the out port even use the x-sim, or the display.
  8. njracer

njracer Member

Balance:
    2Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    idk if you received the plugin or not sirnoname so i'm just going to post it here so you can look at it. i haven't heard back whether or not you got it so i'm just not sure :D

Attached Files:

9. NathanAV

NathanAV New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It's problem solved? any new plugin working fine with X-sim?
  10. njracer

njracer Member

Balance:
    2Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    anything sirnoname?? this still crashes rFactor when i have these 2 plugins installed :(
  11. NathanAV

NathanAV New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi Nj..Did you contact Petros about this issue?

Regards
    Nathan
  12. njracer

njracer Member

Balance:
    2Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  13. njracer

njracer Member

Balance:
    2Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    well i've been trying some things out. not really to savvy with this stuff but i changed the ports for the actuators to 2 and 3, changed the port of the display from 4 to 7 and nothing seems to work. if i start the force sender, and launch rfactor, it will load up and i can use the display. if i load up the force-profiler, rfactor crashes while loading up. i've tried taking out all the plugins except the xsim and simRdisplay and nothing, rfactor still crashes.

i can also see the display's port in the xsim software. something must be conflicting with it in there. is there anyway i can have x-sim only scan my desired ports? this way it won't see the display and hopefully stop the issue?? i'm at a loss, idk what to do, kinda sucks really, it would be sweet if i could use my awesome motion chair with my awesome display.

i just contacted petros over at makmodgroup, i literally just sent him a message and am awaiting his reply. hopefully something can be done, i wish i knew some programming so i could figure this out myself. i hate to be a pest for a very little problem throughout the community, but it would be awesome if they worked together :(

regards

dave

fwiw here is the problem reports and solutions rfactor showed:

Description
    Stopped working

Problem signature
    Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
    Problem Signature 01: rfactor.exe
    Problem Signature 02: 1.2.5.5
    Problem Signature 03: 4705a035
    Problem Signature 04: System
    Problem Signature 05: 2.0.0.0
    Problem Signature 06: 4889de7a
    Problem Signature 07: 3b1d
    Problem Signature 08: 96
    Problem Signature 09: System.UnauthorizedAccess
    OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.1
    Locale ID: 1033
  14. NathanAV

NathanAV New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi Nj did you try run force profiles from laptop and force sender from main computer..see mmgdisplay conflicted or not..because it's running from different computer..My laptop is broken..so I can't tried it..Let me know if you can run Xsim and mmgdisplay

Regards
    Nathan