1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Question MiGe and AASD and stuff, where best to get them?

Discussion in 'Motor actuators and drivers' started by Michelle, Aug 11, 2022.

1. Michelle

Michelle New Member

Balance:
    245Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I am currently in the planning phase of my new wheel (since my previous one is goner now) which I aim to be a DD. Since Mige servers are very popular, known and tested I wish to use that. Question is, which is best way to get hands on one and servo drive as well? :)

Some people supposedly contact the manufacturer directly by emailing Lisa Zhan. There is also o lot alibaba and aliexpress floating around. Some old, some newer. Is there any reliable and trusted seller on Ali or so? Preferably frequently used by the community here. We are talking about 400$ order plus at least 100$ shipping. Lots of money to just send them to random dude in china and hope for the best :confused:

What about SD? Is the bundle a better deal? At least not paying double the shipping cost that is. I hear about bundles of servo and sd both from MiGe but not many people use MiGe SD as it seems. :eek:

Also shipment seems to be made by FedEx or DHL, is that true for all orders? Guess so due to the size and weight of the package. No cheap chinese shipping this time.o_O

Any input is much appreciated! Ty!
    :popcorn
  2. bberger

bberger Member

Balance:
    306Coins
    Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    I don't know if Lisa Z. is still around - but in the past (years ago) I ordered directly from her as did most of the guys jumping on the train the year after before the emergence of the motors on AliExpress and then later on various other resellers.

I'd at least try to get a quote from her, I've heard ordering directly from MiGE should still be the cheapest option as there aren't any commissions to pay.

Quite frankly though: imho the time for building an OSW (or the like) from scratch has passed. You'd probably be better off with any of the commercial offerings available nowadays which will come as "cheap" as a scratch build but you'll get factory/reseller support and usually some kind of ecosystem to go along with it.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Michelle

Michelle New Member

Balance:
    245Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    She is :) Or at least some using her email and name. Response time on email is terrible tho, about a week.

This is current offer from MiGe:

The unit price of 130ST-M10010 with 2500ppr encoder with 2PCS 3M cables cost US$165;
    The unit price of 130ST-M10010 with 10000ppr encoder with 2PCS 3M cables cost US$185;
    The unit price of 130ST-AM10010 with BISS C encoder with 2PCS 3M cables cost US$195.

Shipping depends on where one is living. I am expecting about 50-60$ From what I checked, direct order is still cheapest.

I was hoping to hear the opposite opinion actually. So far VRS DirectForce caught my eye but the price is still kinda “Why pay so much for something I can build?” As electrotechnical engineer such builds are nothing special to me :) And I like to build stuff. Also my goal is to build a full controler aka wheel, pedals, shifter etc in one package, rather than have separate systems for each. Most likely still go full DIY route.

Not yet decided between AASD or VESC based system tho
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Historiker

Historiker Dramamine Adict Gold Contributor

Retired
    Balance:
    9,176Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,156 / 19 / -1
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform, 6DOF
    DIY, not only do you get a great product, but the joy of building something. I agree with you completely.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. cfischer

cfischer Active Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    2,425Coins
    Ratings:
    +235 / 1 / -0
    Aasd is limited to 2500 encoders. Odrive seems ahead of vesc in some ways like coding it as a hid device in windows and anti cogging. Vesc is light years ahead for things like e toys.

I bought from mige directly years ago and paired it with an argon. There are better drives these days but it still works just fine.
  6. Michelle

Michelle New Member

Balance:
    245Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Now I do keep AASD more or less as backup plan if all other fails, but it would require downgrade to 2500ppr (will be ordering 10kppr mige). VESC and ODrive is more modern solution. ODrive feels more of high-end to me, maybe overkill for small mige.
    Can I ask how long it take? Currently I do wait for email response 7+ days, it is aweful. I am very temting to just go on MiGe's Alibaba page and order there even it will cost 60$ more.
  7. cfischer

Balance:
    2,425Coins
    Ratings:
    +235 / 1 / -0
    I dont remember the shipping time but it wasnt crazy. Response time was overnight. Sucks its so slow
  8. Michelle

Michelle New Member

Balance:
    245Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Really?that would be awesome. Thank you for information. Maybe I should try different email. :D
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2022
  9. cfischer

Balance:
    2,425Coins
    Ratings:
    +235 / 1 / -0
    I have been in touch with Lisa here:
    hzmgdjlisa @ outlook . com
    Lisa zhan
    Hang Zhou Mige Electric CO., ltd
    Mob: +8613758261177
    WhatsApp:8615968139750
    We chat/QQ: 1103130868
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2022
  10. Michelle

Michelle New Member

Balance:
    245Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Thanks. I noticed this adress seems to be the most used by diy community. I will give Lise few more days then try to contact her using this email.
  11. Michelle

Michelle New Member

Balance:
    245Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    For anyone interested in getting MiGe servo directly from the factory: Lisa Zhan is still there and still can offer you the best deal you can get. Use hzmgdjlisa @ outlook . com, she does reply overnight (or depends on your timezone?), so do not bother with gmail based emails. I was finally able to make a deal with her and the package is on its way. For Mige 130ST-M10010 with 10000ppr encoder and cables I was charged US$185 and another US$142 for shipping to Europe (UPS) and US$15 PayPal fee. Total price US$342 +whatever I will be charged by customs on tax.
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. amilivian

amilivian New Member

INGENIERO EN TELECOMUNICACIONES
    Balance:
    114Coins
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, Arduino
    Hello M, how do you continue your project? do you have any link?
  13. Michelle

Michelle New Member

Balance:
    245Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Hi! Project is finished for the most part, currently squishing bugs and fixing details.
    You mean link to my project? If so then, no I don't have yet. I am not sure if I should show it at all
    But I can try to answer your questions if you have some. Write here or send PM if you want.
  14. Gadget999

Gadget999 Well-Known Member

Balance:
    11,543Coins
    Ratings:
    +453 / 9 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino, 6DOF
    A 2500 ppr encoder becomes 10000 when it is used quadrative, so it can be considered 10000
  15. Michelle

Michelle New Member

Balance:
    245Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Yes and in same way 10000ppr became 40000.