1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Mario's Tronic Joy Based Sim

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by Guppie5220, Mar 10, 2010.

1. Guppie5220

Guppie5220 New Member

Mechanical Engineer
    Balance:
    405Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Guess what Frakk????

The LCD works! :clap: All I did was reprogram after changing to 14Mhz like you suggested and it worked. Dont know why but it works and I am so happy that KS0066 IS compatible to HD44780!

So I went to the next step. Hyperterminal. It doesnt read. I noticed in the video Thanos did it with the 3 jumpers next to the bridge installed. Sitting down now to troubleshoot and read through the threads again.

Next predicted problem...Math sliders!! :cheers:

mario
  2. Guppie5220

Guppie5220 New Member

Mechanical Engineer
    Balance:
    405Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ok. Getting HT to work wasnt so bad. Kp values set to Y=7 X=5 . In the video its being done x=7 y=5 but I trust the pdf uses the correct values. Everything is falling into place.

Pot calibration is next.

Today I will try to get X-sim to work.
    mario
  3. Frakk

Frakk Active Member

Balance:
    328Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Good job! Troubleshoot your problems for 30mins or so, usually it is something minor.
  4. Shkvarka

Shkvarka New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I programmed my AMC at 8MHz, but I loaded 22MHz firmware, and then just changed crystal to 22MHz and it works fine!
  5. Guppie5220

Guppie5220 New Member

Mechanical Engineer
    Balance:
    405Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Frakk- I am having a little trouble with xsim. It seems at this point in the project after AMC, people branch out to different games and simulator configurations and information becomes thinner.
    I am trying to find a profile for LFS for joyrider setup. I found Thanos has one but it is .rnr while the latest xsim version is .rn2.
    Im using a GTforce logitech wheel. Are there steps to this? Calibration, Axis setup? Or does axis setup come included with a game profile. These are the questions I have to figure out for now. Just trying to get math sliders to move numbers on AMC lcd. Cant seem to find a tutorial for this since gui changes in latest xsim version.

Shkvarka- Is there a noticeable difference in accuracy of positioning or speed by using 22mhz?

Thanks.
  6. tronicgr

tronicgr

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Here is a setup I was using a few months ago. A little outdated, but with some adjustments can be used...

You can get accurate positioning and fast reaction time for all crystal speeds as long you TURN OFF the data showing on the LCD...

This is because the is a small delay in the code to allow the LCD data be transmitted properly. If you disable the LCD data from appearing there is no delay at all and calculations, readings, sensor feedback are executed right in the fraction of second they been ordered...

So USE the LCD data only to calibrate the position feedback sensors you are using and/or to check incoming data from computer... Then DISABLE the LCD data by using the DIP switch to have it work in the fastest possible speed!! :cheers:

Thanos

Attached Files:

7. Guppie5220

Guppie5220 New Member

Mechanical Engineer
    Balance:
    405Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thank you sir! So if I go to sender and click try to send data then open profiler and go to File: Load and choose your .rn2 file. Then go to Output Setup and in USO add my comport to list and enter the string AB~255~~a01~~a02~ in the axisinformation line and click START. Should I be able to see the lcd numbers changing when I move the slider for Output 1:1 GForce? I only have Output 1:1 Gforce and calibration offset under math tables list in Math setup. Do I need to have x and y axis?

Im using version 2.0.7.1 and thinking of going to the version in the video just to see if my numbers change on the lcd! :eek:
    Thanks.
  8. Frakk

Frakk Active Member

Balance:
    328Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    We can't really give you advice on the profiler because your parameters depend on your simulator and your own motion preferences.
    You can mix effects, scale, limit, add washout and do all those sort of things, but first you have to walk before you run.

I suggest first you only add one 1:1 G-Force to one axis, so 2 all together: Lateral movement to your simulator Roll, Longitudinal to your Pitch.

Once you have these working and scaled properly, save that profile. Then you can start tweaking for different feels.
  9. Guppie5220

Guppie5220 New Member

Mechanical Engineer
    Balance:
    405Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    You are correct Frakk. I must walk before run. At first (earlier today), I figured I needed a profile and game input to get things working on the lcd. In the last few hours I have come to the conclusion that I have a communication problem to the board. Setting up a two simple axis profile I cant get comm with usb or serial. More to come!...
    Is there any other way to determine if there is communication to AMC other than lcd? Is there a way to ping it?
  10. Frakk

Frakk Active Member

Balance:
    328Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Not that I know of. I couldn't get to the part where you send data to it. As soon as I click the Start button in profiler and send the axis information, the AMC starts acting weird, keep resetting and the LCD just goes nuts. That is where my experiments stop.
  11. Guppie5220

Guppie5220 New Member

Mechanical Engineer
    Balance:
    405Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    What

You are kidding r
  12. Guppie5220

Guppie5220 New Member

Mechanical Engineer
    Balance:
    405Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Update.

I just disabled com1 and lpt1 in device manager and kept com2.

Profiler runs every single time I hit Start. The lcd numbers change! :clap:

I close Sender and Profiler and run again and they keep working! The USO output counter works now. I am getting excited. Tomorrow I will connect DSMhb and check the motors with the pots.

I want to thank everyone for the help today, especially Frakk and Thanos for their live online support.

All the posts really did help lots.

Thank you everyone. Continuation photos will be posted soon. Perhaps a couple of videos.

mario
  13. Frakk

Frakk Active Member

Balance:
    328Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    The only simulator I've ever had is in my avatar. :D
    Haven't really had the time, space, or money to build one, just kinda stayed on the electronics side of it.

It is always a good thing to be able to help and see you progress.

Keep up the good work!
  14. Guppie5220

Guppie5220 New Member

Mechanical Engineer
    Balance:
    405Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well Frakk, if there is any way I can help you to get your electronics going please let me know. If there are components that you cant find locally I will order them for you. Just say the word and it shall be done my friend.

Mario
  15. Frakk

Frakk Active Member

Balance:
    328Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Mario!

There are a lot of things I am working on right now, but one day I will have everything done.

Until then your pictures and videos will have to do. :D
  16. Guppie5220

Guppie5220 New Member

Mechanical Engineer
    Balance:
    405Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I am getting ready to test loose motors and DSMhb but I want to finish getting accustomed to how x-sim interfaces with the game. At the moment, I am seeing values changing in the Input Setup of Profiler. Basically they are two. #41 and42 and they come straight from the wheel and pedals.
    That doesnt make sense. Shouldnt it come from game data? Otherwise I can bank the joyrider 45 deg. with the brakes on.
    What does Yoda do?
    Isnt the LFS plugin or rFactor plugin chosen under Sender Physik plugin supposed to extract the game data?
    I tried running Yoda but I get no data in the window after driving around a bit.
  17. pathetic

pathetic Member

Balance:
    - 38Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi Mario
    Cong for the proggres you have done. I think you have some errors with profiler settings. Somewhere in the forum tronic has shared a profile (something like Thanos_Rfactor_2dof_8bit_joyrider) i learned the basic things from that settings. You can try that. You should be able to send the x and y axis values from the profiler and see the exact values on the lcd. After this test you can start the game and see if can send them too.
  18. Frakk

Frakk Active Member

Balance:
    328Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Effects 21-40 are the force data, 56-92 are the gauge data you need from the game. The rest is input data, not very useful for simulations.

First make sure your Sender and the plugin is working properly and you can see the in-game data in these effects I mentioned. You can try the TestPlugin to see what you should be getting. Check out the wiki for more information, each game needs a little tweaking to make it working with the plugin (make data available in memory, etc).

Once you have the right input to your Profiler, you can go on and map these effects (1:1 G-Force, etc ) to actual axis. This axisdata is the one getting sent to the AMC.
  19. Guppie5220

Guppie5220 New Member

Mechanical Engineer
    Balance:
    405Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thank you for the info guys. I will try to run the TestPlugin tomorrow.
  20. Guppie5220

Guppie5220 New Member

Mechanical Engineer
    Balance:
    405Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    @Thanos - Hi. Did you ever get a Forceprofile for Nolimits? It seems there are very few joyrider profiles available. I am just trying to get game data injected into Profiler. I have not succeeded with rfactor or LFS. I just bought NLC1.7 and still cant get data from game to x-sim.
    Also if anyone can help, where is the Injector database located?

Thank you..

mario